Verified Reviewer

1.8

I placed an order on July 27th for two items that were both shown on the Amazon page as being available and shipping in 2-3 days. A week later I received an email that said the order wouldn't be delivered until August 20th:

"We're sorry to inform you that there is a delay in shipping some items from your order.

The new delivery date is indicated below. We'll send a confirmation when your items ship. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you wish to cancel this order, click here"

However, when I tried to cancel, the page said I had to contact customer service.

So I did. And I spent 25 minutes in chat session with a rep who did nothing but lie and give me the runaround. She kept saying the order couldn't be cancelled but couldn't provide a reason why. It was ludicrous.

So now I have to buy the items locally and then go through the hassle of returning the items back to Amazon when they finally arrive almost a month after the order date.

I only recently came back to Amazon after quitting it a year ago because of their terrible customer service.

Now you've lost me for life. Not that you care, and that's the problem - there are now so many consumers in the world that huge companies can treat individuals like crap because they know there are still enough millions of others that it doesn't matter if they lose that individual customer.

User's recommendation: Shop anywhere else but Amazon.

Preferred solution: Cancel the order and improve your customer service.

Comments