Update by user Oct 17

I tried emailing this review to Amazon customer support - and suprised got a return email from Amazon which I am pasting here - more proof there is NO customer service at Amazon: Hello,This email address can no longer accept incoming messages.If you are a buyer and need help contacting us about the A-to-z Guarantee, please visit:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201889250If you are a seller and need help contacting us about the A-to-z Guarantee, please visit:https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=1781Sincerely,Amazon.com

Original review posted by user Oct 17

I wanted to be able to send secret santa gifts to individuals so I researched how to do this using Amazon on the web - basically set up a new email address and Amazon account and send from there. I did that and was quite frankly surprised it let me use the same debit card on both accounts but it did and I was glad.

I ordered a gift and got a confirmation - was thrilled - except later got an email saying "We will review your information and contact you within 24 hours.

Please do not create new Amazon accounts until we verify your billing information.

Any new orders that you place may be delayed or cancelled." --- Ok - glad they have security safe guards tried contacting help through chat - the agent took information and said they needed information to fill in form - I gave them everything they asked for - they told me the problem would be worked on - NO FOLLOW UP email was received - next day I requested Amazon call me to work on problem - Agent was pleasant asked me all the same questions but could not do anything at all to help me - I asked if they could tell me the status of the order - since this is a gift that is time sensitive I needed to know if it was cancelled so I can order from main account - at this point I just need the gift sent! The agent couldn't tell me the status - I asked if she could contact someone who could - no - I asked if she could escalate the issue - no - so here I am day 3 - gift should have been received and I can't even tell if it was cancelled so I can reorder - if I reorder will it ship from both accounts - I have been a prime member for a long time and was going to be on both accounts but I am done with Amazon there is NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Account.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Amazon Pros: Fantastic selection.

Amazon Cons: No customer support at all.

Comments

I would hate to receive gifts from an unnamed source. Not everyone likes surprises, good or bad.

I would suspect a stalker or someone from the past who should remain there.

Your idea is not amusing and may have ramifications of which your are blissfully unaware. Creeper.

@Anonymous

Scares me.

@Anonymous

well I finally got it sent and the recipient was thrilled and actually figured out right away I had sent it - We had a good laugh. Apparently you do not know how to love because if you love and trust your friends this time of thing is fun.

The gift was a lovely themed wallet - I knew they wanted it because the posted on Facebook they loved it and suggested it as a gift I knew none of their family could afford so I sent it.

It was a friendly act of love not a stalker act. I fell sorry for people so jaded in today's world I pray someone treats you kindly.