Got this email from Amazon after shopping there for 20 years and spending thousands of dollars. And Amazon sent the email with no proof whatsoever.

Told my lawyer who is speaking with the executive offices telling them SEND THE PROOF. Executive offices at Amazon told my lawyer heads are going to roll for doing this horrible thing to customers like me.

This review moderator is an uneducated jerk and can't send the proof because they don't have any proof of what they had the nerve to say in the most disgusting email I have ever seen.

I see this is happening to hundreds of Amazon customers. Amazon's loss. I am now asking the sellers for their own websites to purchase products I want. Amazon you are horrible and disgusting. I used to rave about how wonderful Amazon.com was - WOW was I wrong.

Everybody is shopping at other sites now. Good. I hope you go out of business.

And you still haven't answered my lawyer who demands proof of your false allegations....why? Because you don't have it. And he's taking you to Court.

Unbelievable way to treat your customers who have been shopping at Amazon for decades.

Here's the disgusting email that I know a lot of people have been getting:

Hello,

We have determined that you have violated our Community Guidelines. As a result, we have suppressed all of your reviews, and you will no longer be able to post community content on Amazon. This includes Customer Reviews.

Customer Reviews are meant to give customers unbiased product feedback from fellow shoppers. Because our goal is to provide Customer Reviews that help customers make informed purchase decisions, any accounts and reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will be removed.

Your community privileges may have been revoked for one or more of the following reasons:

-- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.

-- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews.

We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.

We cannot share any further information about this decision, and we may not reply to further emails about this issue.

Review Moderator Amazon.com

Hey Amazon - This email you sent to me is illegal. You have committed Defamation of Character/Slander. Have a nice time in Court with my lawyer. Unbelievable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Review Listing.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Same happened to me! It’s not an “uneducated review moderator” making the decision lol and why get personal?

It’s a computer doing it. I called and reported it and they filed a complaint with review board, then I got an automated response from the review board stating they carefully reviewed my account and found I was in violation. Well it was obvious to me that was b.s. and this was a form letter so I replied to it stating: clearly you did NOT carefully review my account because if you had you would see I was innocent and restored my account!!!

About 7 days later they replied saying my reviews and privileges were restored. I replied directing them to this site and letting them know this was a huge problem and not isolated.

So don’t give up! You have to complain at least twice before a human gets involved.

FertileCarp998

I've had this too. I'm a genuine customer (high spending, longstanding) and my reviews were genuine.

I've never received ANY incentive or reward of any kind. I hope you take them on and win.

There's thousands of us out there who've been treated this way. Enough for a class action I should think

So they give a bunch of "potential" reasons but will not discuss the matter further or let you know what the true reason was? That's unfortunate and really frustrating.

Not illegal, however....(I'm a lawyer). I personally would stop using Amazon and will myself as well if this is how they handle things.

FertileCarp998
to Anonymous #1574679

Well here in the UK it's breach of Data Protection because the law says that they must correct incorrect info. So if they fail to do that it could become a legal matter

h.kitchener

Ok. Let us know how it turns out.