Show reviews that mention
order account customer service customer service money card refund item delivery
Filter review

Amazon - Lied about having shipped my purchase

I purchased a dvd from first line dvds.They sent a tracking # and said it had shipped.5 days latter after I stayed at home waiting for the mail I got an email stating the product I had orderd was out of stock.I wasted my time and amazon said they would make it right with me but I had to reorder the I tem and they would reimburse me at that time.I have purchased 1,500 in the last few years minnimum.I was shown the worst customer service I ever encounterd.I decided to go with Barnes and noble.at least they shoud have shipped theused dvd and shipped it to me free for my time.They lost a customer and in this economy thats bad?

I just had a similar thing happen to me! I was issued a UPS tracking number for my item, and it even said that my package was delivered on the UPS tracking site.

I called UPS to find out where my package was, and they had a very odd response. The UPS customer service agent said that Amazon prefers that the customer contact them instead of UPS in these situations. Now why would I do that? According to UPS, my package was delivered.

So, I call Amazon and they tell me that the item is actually out of stock and that they will offer me a refund. Now how is it possible to ship something that they do not have, with a tracking number, and for UPS to supposedly deliver it, mark it as delivered on their website, and then after the fact Amazon tells me that it is out of stock??? Something does not make sense here and is very shady.

Both the UPS customer service and Amazon customer service reps seemed reluctant to answer my questions when I started digging a little bit. Very strange.

ID
Shelton, Washington
Me:I placed an order and I got a cancellation email that said due to the product was out of stock, but the product is still listed, but at a highly inflated price. I feel like this is fraud ie. bait and switch. Dheeraj:Hello, my name is Dheeraj. I'll be happy to...

Here it is 8 years later and the same kind of thing STILL appears to be going on! Ordered a textbook at a great price, cheaper than most from among the 3rd party sellers.

The seller cancelled the order almost immediately, and Amazon's automated email said the cancellation was due to "a technical issue." I called Amazon to inquire and to check on the status of the refund. Long story short, I got conflicting information from two of Amazon's customer service reps on chat. The first asked me if I wanted a 'price match' for the item. I agreed.

Then the chat was transferred to someone in the 'concerns' department, who told me that they do not offer price matches! So why did the other guy suggest it? Then the second rep says that he would have to transfer the issue to the 'concerns' department. Say, what?

That was supposed to have been his department! He also went on to say that Amazon's prices change frequently and that's why they don't offer price guarantees. Huh, say what? Once a sale has been made, that's a contract!

How are they getting away with such disreputable tactics? Bait and switch on prime shipping rates (check out some local tv news posts from the CA bay area on youtube for illustrations) and permitting third party vendors to cancel sales just to extract higher prices. Atrocious.

Absolutely atrocious! Why isn't there a class action suit yet?

View more comments
ID
Shelton, Washington
Product
Amazon Website

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection