State: Washington Product: Amazon Website Clear all filters (2 of 54 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Amazon....absolutely no complaints

5.0
I have been ordering from Amazon for seveeral years and I have never had a problem that was not quickly resolved to my saisfaction. Is Amazon the least expensive for purchases...sometimes yes, sometimes no. I always do an online price check to see if the item I want is less expensive through another website and usally Amazon is the least expensive. We are Prime members and love the access to tv shows, movies, music, books and videos aside from the 2 day free shipping on most items. Do keep in mind that Amazon often does not stock the items, they are delivered from a 3rd party vendor...you can read the item description and see who is shipping your item. Kudos to Amazon...great products at great prices and sorry to read that some others don't agree with me.
Review
Product
Amazon Website
Pros
  • Shipping
  • Products
  • Pricing
Reason of review
All around good company!
Me:I placed an order and I got a cancellation email that said due to the product was out of stock, but the product is still listed, but at a highly inflated price. I feel like this is fraud ie. bait and switch. Dheeraj:Hello, my name is Dheeraj. I'll be happy to...

Here it is 8 years later and the same kind of thing STILL appears to be going on! Ordered a textbook at a great price, cheaper than most from among the 3rd party sellers.

The seller cancelled the order almost immediately, and Amazon's automated email said the cancellation was due to "a technical issue." I called Amazon to inquire and to check on the status of the refund. Long story short, I got conflicting information from two of Amazon's customer service reps on chat. The first asked me if I wanted a 'price match' for the item. I agreed.

Then the chat was transferred to someone in the 'concerns' department, who told me that they do not offer price matches! So why did the other guy suggest it? Then the second rep says that he would have to transfer the issue to the 'concerns' department. Say, what?

That was supposed to have been his department! He also went on to say that Amazon's prices change frequently and that's why they don't offer price guarantees. Huh, say what? Once a sale has been made, that's a contract!

How are they getting away with such disreputable tactics? Bait and switch on prime shipping rates (check out some local tv news posts from the CA bay area on youtube for illustrations) and permitting third party vendors to cancel sales just to extract higher prices. Atrocious.

Absolutely atrocious! Why isn't there a class action suit yet?

View more comments