3.8
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I applied a gift card balance of $6.28 (on July 2nd) to my Amazon Canada account. I looked at my account today and noticed that it was gone. I wrote to Amazon help desk and they stated that the gift card balance was put towards a purchase I had made three weeks ago. It makes no sense to me at all and I wrote back stating my frustration - that I should have been contacted about this as I probably would have cancelled the order. This is what they wrote:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I completely understand your concern in this regard.

Your gift card balance as of July 2, 2015 was CDN$ 6.28.

On July 3, 2015, CDN$ 5.86 amount has applied to your order #701-7691691-6068209.

Transaction ID Transaction Date Transaction Type Amount

910399671 July 2, 2015 Claiming CDN$ 6.28

701-7691691-6068209 July 3, 2015 Encumber CDN$ -5.86

Therefore, your remaining balance was CDN$ 0.42. You can view your gift card balance and usage history in Your Account here:

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of amazon online order from Amazon. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $6 and wants Amazon to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Amazon for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Comments