2.6
Turnaround Time

To anyone who has not yet signed up for or been pushed into Amazon Prime by Amazon itself, DON'T DO IT! Delivery is unreliable - over the last month more than half of my purchases did not arrive as promised, and as I live in the Dallas area, weather has NOT been a factor.

Just about everything I purchased came from local warehouses, not other parts of the country. Prime items cost more than identical items on Jet.com and other competitive sites that offer 2-day delivery for free, and have a 100% success rate in my experience. Amazon.com customer service is a joke. Slow, nothing but canned *** about how much they value you as a customer, and no help.

You will waste 30 mins only to be told your delivery has been delayed.

What was once the best online commerce sites has become one of the worst. When my Amazon Prime membership runs out in another couple of months I will not be renewing it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Prime Membership.

I didn't like: Repeated failure to meet shipping promises, Unhelpful customer service, Prime is not 2 day delivery, How buyers are treated.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 09, 2017.

Comments

I agree with this, I've been a customer since 2012. Just last month I rescubscribed to amazon prime, only problem was my card didn't have enough on it.

Amazon movie played for 5 minutes then stopped and said my card was declined. So 5 days later when my SSI benifits posted I tried again with success. Then I noticed my prime would be due again only 3 weeks after paying. Customer service agents argued with me that the transaction was successful, and I did definitely have service the five days before signing up again.

No, I didn't and I asked them why if I did have their service would I spend another $14.03 after only five days?. They had no answers and they also were not about to do anything to fix the problem. They actually apparently thought I'd just let their screw up go and allow my account to be charged wrongly again.

Nope, I just got through chatting again to tell them why I'm ending my association with Amazon on October 20th!. No more arguing with people reading from a script their rich billionaire bosses gave them while not helping anyone at all ever.

Totally agree - I live in Dallas area too. I've been happy with Amazon Prime in the past but lately they've been terrible.

Yesterday it took almost 2 hours for them to deliver my food order (on a weekday).

Today they delivered a package that was supposed to have an expensive security system in it and it contained mouse pads.

Then I got passed around to 3 different people in customer service who barely spoke English and didn't communicate a thing to each other - so 40 minutes later I'm explaining all over again. Unacceptable!