Burlington, Ontario
Featured on Google+ Not resolved

Short version: ordered a microwave from Amazon.ca.UPS delivered it.

Delivery driver just slammed it on it's side on the porch shattering the door. Now I have to carry a heavy microwave through the snow to a postal outlet to get my refund. Thanks for nothing Amazon/UPS.

Attached are pictures of the lack of packaging -- very thin styrofoam in the box and one sheet of brown paper in the outer box.

Totally avoidable...such a waste of time and effort because a warehouse worker and a UPS driver were lazy.

Review about: Rca Microwave.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Submit review

Comments

You can contact Amazon and they will ship you a replacement and send UPS out with a pre-paid label to pick the item up at your house. As for the Styrofoam, that is on the manufacture, RCA, but the rest of it is indeed Amazon and UPS' fault.

LadyScot

Actually, that *** packaging is Amazon's responsibility. The rule of thumb when packing an item is to pack it to survive a 10 ft drop. I would complain to Amazon and demand a reship or refund for their negligence.

h.kitchener

At least you can get a refund from Amazon which is good. I would also recommend you complain to UPS---for all the good it will do, tho. Even in Canada they must have post offices within a reasonable distance from your home!