3.1

A few months ago someone hacked my Amazon account and charged two items illegally. I contact Amazon and my credit card company.

Amazon didn't do anything; my credit care company reversed the charges and replaced my card. I called Amazon again about my card being restated. They said they couldn't until my account had been cleared up on the Amazon end, irrespective of what the credit card company did. A week or so later I got a notice from Amazon that my card had been cleared up.

They explained how I could get a new password on card. It didn't work. The codes they are supposed to send you to in turn to get the new password program never got to my email. I tried everything.

I had been an Amazon member and prime holder since they started and they did nothing to help me. I had to open new accounts, one for me and one for my wife. Not only did they not give me credit for what was left on my prime account, they just yesterday tried to recharge me the prime on the account I can't use anymore because I can't get get a new password. The said they will refund me for the Prime Charge on my old account that I couldn't use anymore.

The main reason all this happened is because my Amazon account--not the credit card--got hacked and Amazon security was too uneducated to fix it.

I don't tell people to use Amazon anymore like I used to, nor am I spending thousands of dollars a month on my Amazon account. I am still disgusted about how Amazon treated me, but I think it is a sign of the times.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Cons: Treament by security to fix my problem.

Comments

The good old days are GONE ; nobody cares how long you have or haven't been a customer. Your comment about "sign of the times" is 100% accurate.