Orlando, Florida

amazon is unethical and the way the do business is criminal. they should be investigated for All of their unethical AND criminal practices.

They keep money that is not theirs, they access other information (banks, email accounts) they do not have permission to access, they claim they do not have to tell you how they do this, they are cowardly and refuse to speak to anyone by phone, etc... A lawsuit to expose them is badly needed, most especially in this turbulent time when families may depend on their sales for their livelihood. Even if the money is not depended on i someone's life, there is no excuse for this.

If I practiced like this, I would be locked up. Anyone with suggestions on how to proceed or maybe I can jump on class action lawsuit - call Mary in Florida 352-835-7285

Comments

Arlethia

Report the to the Better Business Bureau for starters. A claim should take you about ten minutes:

There are an ENORMOUS amount of people who have been scammed by these unethical practices.

I too was duped $400. And I'm not going to take it lying down.

You shouldn't either.

yuppers

Amazon heaps up the burden on our shoulders as sellers but refuses to touch it with their finger.

Matt. 23:4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger.

Just because it is in the EULA doesn't make it legal or just and they CAN be sued because of it. Any lawyer can tell you that.

Sounds like you, too, have been taken advantage of by Amazon.

You gave them permission to access those accounts when you signed up. Try paying attention to what you read when you are signing up for a website.

All that text you skipped right passed when you clicked the "I agree" button explains all of this.

You can go pay a lawyer to read the same thing that was presented to you and tell you the same thing.

NOBODY READS what they agree to, it is so common it's embarassing. But at least you know this; you can set up a site that rips people off and tell them you are doing just that in the EULA, but nobody will ever know because they never read the agreement.

Arlethia
@Sterling Archer

Amazon employee I take it?

@Arlethia

A cry baby I take it. :cry

Good points, but not all sellers in the Scamazon Marketplace are business people or regular sellers. I've sold 3 things in the last 2 months and I've already been A-Z claimed and Amazon sided with the buyer even though I had full paperwork and proof of sale/sent items.

I am sorry you had a bad experience & I will agree that calling them on the phone is near impossible... but at the same time I have to sway that I have never had a problem that I have not been able to resolve.

I have been selling there for over two years now. Problems come up, but Amazon has always been quick to respond & helpful. They have a bias towards the customer which has sometimes left me high and dry...

but isn't that what a business is supposed to have? As sellers we have to understand that.