3.0
Turnaround Time

I bought a children's book on Amazon and paid $10.00 plus shipping. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Today I see a charge for $107 for a membership I did not want nor gave my permission to charge my credit card.

How is this legal? This is unbelievable that Amazon can do this. I find it to be highly deceptive and actually think it is theft.

I immediately disputed the charge with my bank. I then went to my account with Amazon and found the charge for Prime membership, which I did not want and saw an option to cancel, another deception I noticed is if you aren't careful you could still be charged for a year's membership.

I found the one that cancels immediately and should receive credit on my card within the next few days.

My card was used without my permission. I am stunned Amazon can get away with this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Prime Membership.

Preferred solution: Stop charging membership without permission.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices for charging membership without my ok.

Comments

I have been charged for Amazon prime for the last four months. They state that this has been a common issue.

"They will refund the amount". They asked if I knew another person with my similar first name and then asked about another ladies name.

It seems that they are ALLOWING other accounts to use others credit card info. The whole conversation about other accounts using my credit card seem very normal for the Amazon Rep.

I also had this happen. I messaged amazon and they immediately issued a refund.

I’m guessing that I accidentally clicked the prime option or rather didn’t unclick an option. It should be made quite clear to prevent this, however Amazon is always quick to take care of any issues I’ve ever had and have never denied my request.

nativenyer

You probably accidentally clicked on a link that signed you up for membership. Amazon is getting pretty shady in how it allows customers to opt out of Prime. It used to be fairly obvious but now it's getting to the point where you have to make sure each and every time during checkout that you're not signing up for it.