3.0

I bought a children's book on Amazon and paid $10.00 plus shipping. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Today I see a charge for $107 for a membership I did not want nor gave my permission to charge my credit card.

How is this legal? This is unbelievable that Amazon can do this. I find it to be highly deceptive and actually think it is theft.

I immediately disputed the charge with my bank. I then went to my account with Amazon and found the charge for Prime membership, which I did not want and saw an option to cancel, another deception I noticed is if you aren't careful you could still be charged for a year's membership.

I found the one that cancels immediately and should receive credit on my card within the next few days.

My card was used without my permission. I am stunned Amazon can get away with this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Prime Membership.

Preferred solution: Stop charging membership without permission.

Amazon Cons: Deceptive practices for charging membership without my ok.

Comments

complete fraud. amazon started charging my card fraudulently and after 3 months of phone calls they refuse to cancel the account.

they told me to dispute the charges with my credit card company.

worst service I have ever received. how can they get away with this???

Mihika

Same thing happened to me...I called Amazon and they argued with me but finally agreed to credit my card...guess what? They did credit me short of $5.08.

I called again and Amazon credited that also. Ok, think about this...Many people probably don't want to call back about the shortage because it's a small amount but how much is $5 times a million people.

Amazon is committing fraud! Be careful.

I bought an item off Amazon, a month later I see a charge on my credit card for a membership I never wanted or authorized. Then you have to dig hard to even call them.

The person I talked to tried giving me a pile of *** how I signed up for this, I promptly informed them if I did Amazon deceived me.

I called them and freaked out to take those charges off my card. If Amazon is getting so greedy, they have to resort to scamming people into a membership, the Jeff Bezos can screw himself, I will never buy anything from them again.

I have been charged for Amazon prime for the last four months. They state that this has been a common issue.

"They will refund the amount". They asked if I knew another person with my similar first name and then asked about another ladies name.

It seems that they are ALLOWING other accounts to use others credit card info. The whole conversation about other accounts using my credit card seem very normal for the Amazon Rep.

I also had this happen. I messaged amazon and they immediately issued a refund.

I’m guessing that I accidentally clicked the prime option or rather didn’t unclick an option. It should be made quite clear to prevent this, however Amazon is always quick to take care of any issues I’ve ever had and have never denied my request.

Arcenio

You probably accidentally clicked on a link that signed you up for membership. Amazon is getting pretty shady in how it allows customers to opt out of Prime. It used to be fairly obvious but now it's getting to the point where you have to make sure each and every time during checkout that you're not signing up for it.