Verified Reviewer

3.8

It seems that I may have a delivery driver that thinks that leaving the items on the sidewalk is close enough to qualify as a delivery left on my porch. There are two steps between the ground and my porch, and I am disabled.

It takes tremendous effort on my part to shove the package up those two steps. It’s not always left on the sidewalk; some packages do make it to my porch. Even then, the package is balanced on the edge of the porch, plainly visible from the road to any package thieves. Between that and having to open my packages on the sidewalk and bring the items up to my porch one at a time, I wonder if the driver is simply not adhering to Amazon or UPS expectations for parcel deliveries or if it’s a personal issue.

I have tried to show my infirmity to everyone who delivers to me, asking them to leave items on my porch. I’m aware that there's a pandemic and I have no issue with delivery times, but I doubt that UPS drivers are given the choice of where they’ll leave an unattended delivery.

For everything else, I am truly thankful to Amazon employees under the pressures have been placed on their shoulders. They are saving lives.

User's recommendation: Don’t place an order that will result in a heavy box.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Pros: Diverse product selection, Easy tracking, Competitive pricing.

Amazon Cons: Deliveries left on the sidewalk, Package appears to have been handled carelessly, Deliveries are made without knocking or ringing doorbell.

Comments