Verified Reviewer

Got a new phone number, same phone and no access to the old number. I needed to update my phone number on Amazon and set up 2 factor authentication but it wanted to send a OTP to my OLD phone and not my email address. Crazy.

So after 2 days I finally got a rep in the U.S. and told her about the nightmares I'd encountered one of which they told me they had to close my account and send me a refund because it was unrepairable. The overseas tech was very belligerent and *** and told me he would not escalate my issue to the development team. I hung up after some choice words.

Amazon has outsourced all of their IT and Customer Service overseas and the reps get big points with "1st Call Resolution" which means getting you off the phone as quickly as possible and placing the blame on the user.

Recommend that if you call Amazon's CS you request a rep from the U.S. or maybe you will just get lucky. Honestly, the reps I've encountered from Europe are great, from India not so much and nothing against other races or creeds or cultures. It is about the customer experience.

User's recommendation: U.S. Based Customer Service!

Store Location: Ashburn, Virginia