Verified Reviewer

I have been trying for weeks to contact someone in Amazon Accounts or Customer Service for a number of problems mainly:

1.I was debited for Amazon Prime for months after I cancelled the subscription (never received a refund).

2.A fraudulent purchase was made with Amazon France on my account. (Amazon alerted me to the suspected activity and froze my account).

Freezing my account prevented me logging in to discuss or deny the purchase). When I attempted to access my account, the system required me to enter an OTP number sent to my email and press continue. I made several attempts to observe these requests but after pressing continue nothing happened until the system timed out.

This fraudulent debit has now appeared on my credit card bill which I have paid. I disputed the debit with my credit card company who are now investigating.

All I really want to do now is cancel my Amazon account but it seems this requires me to log in with an OTP number which I receive but still seem unable to access the account.

I am an Australian currently in New Zealand (stuck due to Covid) and do not want to pay for a call to the USA.

This is what happens when you deal with a large conglomerate!

Preferred solution: Cancellation of account. (Also, refund for fraudulent debit which is currently being pursued by my credit card company).

Amazon Pros: Huge variety of stock available.

Amazon Cons: Bad customer service.

Comments