Amazon, MT 59632, USA
Additional Fees

Recently Amazon tricked us into upgrading to the prime account.They did this to my account and my daughters account which was not active for 8 months.

I could not locate a number to reach Amazon so I chatted with their customer service department who blamed us for accepting the 30 day trial. I explained when we place our order there was no option to say no to the 30 day trial. Never the less she said I was at fault. I said what about my daughters account which was inactive for 8 months.

The rep. stopped chatting and hung up. I had to go through my credit company to dispute the charges. Amazon charged our account without permission!

This is a fact. Their has to be something to say about this because Amazon has approximately 50 million customers and if they did this to all without permission then they just made $5,000,000,000 for January 2017. It's amazing how a company this powerful can legalize a scam.

Think about it and check your credit card statement.Best, Paul

Review about: Amazon Prime Membership.

Reason of review: Tricked to accept unwanted status.

Preferred solution: Compensation.

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Comments

Impossible that an inactive account could be charged.. You lazy people should just go to the store to do your shopping instead of using amazon that steals your money lol

The same thing happened to me...it's friggin ridiculous!

Prime is not automatic, you clown.

to Anonymous Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1303180

You probably work for Amazon or own stock!Imagine if this was shared on Facebook...

would it be an issue for their stock price?

You should read the other complaints.They did it to me and is doing it to everyone.

I just checked my credit card and they hit me with the same charge.I will be calling my credit card company to dispute.

This is absolutely ridiculous.Thanks for this post.

Seattle, Washington, United States #1297978

You have to opt in, there is no automatic Prime. When you opt in the screen goes dark accept for the explination that you are signing up for a trial and if you don't turn off the auto renew you will be charged.