Amazon softech is a fraud. Their phone number is listed as Amazon on the internet, however, they are not related to Amazon on any way.

I called to discuss a billing issue and was told to purchase a $200 gift card which they in turn would issue my credit on. The thief I spoke to had an accent that could have been Pakistani, perhaps Indian. They said I could get it at CVS or Family Dollar. He said I could even purchase an ebay gift card for my Amazon credit.

I suddenly recd a text msg stating that $200 was credited to my credit card. He couldnt tell me which card because he said it was confidential. The text was sent via 562 249-****. The number you should avoid calling is 800 842-****.

They are scumbags. I reported them to Amazon. Amazon said they would never text a customer. I supplied Amazon with the details.

They are conducting an investigation and have alerted the police since the text msg. was sent from a number that can be traced.

User's recommendation: Avoid Amazon softech.

Preferred solution: They are all arrested.

Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania