State: Texas Product: Amazon Membership Clear all filters (3 of 44 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Amazon - Membership Review from Dallas, Texas

Hi, I have Purchased I phone 5 & few more products with Amazon online that was first time I purchased through my different credit cards. Today morning I have received a text from bank stating that $99 spent on my credit card for Amazon prime membership which I did not apply and not interested. I don know how this kind of incident can happen ?? How Amazon can use my credit card with out my permission. How Amazon can misuse my credit card that too 2 bank credit card which I used to purchased with them. I am really very very upset because of these thing happened to me being as a first time customer, Amazon gave me very very experience. Amazon made it to cross the credit limit. My bankers will charge me for crossed the limit which Amazon have to take care of it. I have attached screen shot proof. I want Amazon to refund the amount to my credit card asap and need a immediate action on this case. -NIRAI My h/p no : 520-328-4542

I use Amazon all the time and I have never had a problem. Have you called them yet?

They have always been very professional and helpful when I have used them.

I have used them for Years. Good Luck.

Amazon in Austin, Texas - DEFRAUDED OUT OF $321

Three years ago I clicked on the "FREE SHIPPING" link when I purchase some items. I do not know why I was not informed that this free shipping was going to cost me an annual membership of $107 a year. They said a pop-up came up and in small print it states the annual membership fee. I have pop-up blocker and need reading glasses too. I never saw that message about the membership fee. I often bought through Amazon over the past three years so with my busy schedule and frequent purchases I didn't notice the $107 charge till recently. Amazon refuses to pay the money back. My shipping would have been much less had I not clicked on the "FREE SHIPPING" link! I REFUSE DO BUSINESS WITH AMAZON AGAIN! I contacted a class action attorney who told me about the two laws below that our SUPREME COURT passed. IT IS URGENT THAT WE VOTE WISELY THIS ELECTION SEASON! Corporate America is buying our freedoms from the REPUBLICANS who constantly side with Corporate America instead of the united States citizen. PLEASE CLICK ON LINKS TO READ THE ARTICLES OR READ THE ARTICLES THAT I PASTED BELLOW! The ‘Citizens United’ decision and why it matters http://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/10/18/11527/citizens-united-decision-and-why-it-matters?gclid=CjwKEAjwuYOeBRCy3pLljpjDkDcSJAAhA4mt-eNDxKF2qYF9gaktIoR9tFzDPuKuPX-ZjEB_PmZaoBoCdGjw_wcB By now most folks know that the U.S. Supreme Court did something that changed how money can be spent in elections and by whom, but what happened and why should you care? The Citizens United ruling, released in January 2010, tossed out the corporate and union ban on making independent expenditures and financing electioneering communications. It gave corporations and unions the green light to spend unlimited sums on ads and other political tools, calling for the election or defeat of individual candidates. In a nutshell, the high court’s 5-4 decision said that it is OK for corporations and labor unions to spend as much as they want to convince people to vote for or against a candidate. The decision did not affect contributions. It is still illegal for companies and labor unions to give money directly to candidates for federal office. The court said that because these funds were not being spent in coordination with a campaign, they “do not give rise to corruption or the appearance of corruption.” So if the decision was about spending, why has so much been written about contributions? Like seven and eight-figure donations from people like casino magnate and billionaire Sheldon Adelson who, with his family, has given about $40 million to so-called “super PACs,” formed in the wake of the decision? For that, we need to look at another court case — SpeechNow.org v. FEC. The lower-court case used the Citizens United case as precedent when it said that limits on contributions to groups that make independent expenditures are unconstitutional. And that’s what led to the creation of the super PACs, which act as shadow political parties. They accept unlimited donations from billionaires, corporations and unions and use it to buy advertising, most of it negative. The Supreme Court kept limits on disclosure in place, and super PACs are required to report regularly on who their donors are. The same can’t be said for “social welfare” groups and some other nonprofits, like business leagues. These groups can function the same way as super PACs, so long as election activity is not their primary activity. But unlike the super PACs, nonprofits do not report who funds them. That’s disturbing to those who favor transparency in elections. An attempt by Congress to pass a law requiring disclosure was blocked by Republican lawmakers. The Citizens United decision was surprising given the sensitivity regarding corporate and union money being used to influence a federal election. Congress first banned corporations from funding federal campaigns in 1907 with the Tillman Act. In 1947, the Taft-Hartley Act extended the ban to labor unions. But the laws were weak and tough to enforce. It wasn’t until 1971 that Congress got serious and passed the Federal Election Campaign Act, which required the full reporting of campaign contributions and expenditures. It limited spending on media advertisements. But that portion of the law was ruled unconstitutional — and that actually opened the door for the Citizens United decision. Spending is speech, and is therefore protected by the Constitution — even if the speaker is a corporation. AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/att-mobility-v-concepcion/ Docket No. 09-893 Op. Below 9th Cir. Argument Nov 9, 2010 Tr.Aud. Opinion Apr 27, 2011 Vote 5-4 Author Scalia Term OT 2010 Holding: California state contract law, which deems class-action waivers in arbitration agreements unenforceable when certain criteria are met, is preempted by the Federal Arbitration Act because it stands as an obstacle to the accomplishment and execution of the full purposes and objectives of Congress. Plain English Holding: Under the Federal Arbitration Act, California must enforce arbitration agreements even if the agreement requires that consumer complaints be arbitrated individually (instead of on a class-action basis). Judgment: Ninth Circuit Reversed, 5-4, in an opinion by Justice Scalia on April 27, 2011. Justice Thomas filed a concurring opinion. Justice Breyer filed a dissenting opinion, which was joined by Justices Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kagan. http://www.publicintegrity.org/2012/10/18/11527/citizens-united-decision-and-why-it-matters?gclid=CjwKEAjwuYOeBRCy3pLljpjDkDcSJAAhA4mt-eNDxKF2qYF9gaktIoR9tFzDPuKuPX-ZjEB_PmZaoBoCdGjw_wcB WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR THIS YEAR? CUT AND PASTE THESE LAWS AND PASS THEM ON.

Nateprick,

You obviously are biased and probably work for Amazon. *** sounds like your eternal dwelling place!

Corporate America is robbing the United States citizen of justice and freedom by paying off politicians (mostly Republicans) to pass laws that prevent US citizens justice in the court system, favoring corporate America and thus enslaving Americans.

This seems to be a plug for personal political preferences and not a legitimate complaint. It is up to the consumer to read the fine print on anything they purchase, online or in person.

If you have a popup blocker, the very act of allowing the page to display it should have alerted you to the need to pay attention. I'd suggest a book on computer literacy and recommend you change the font display size in either your operating system or your web browser. Ignorance is not an excuse, nor is inadequate vision.. I should know.

As for the politics, if you don't like corporations advancing their agenda's in order to grow and preserve their business (and the global economy), there may be room at Walden Pond.

I hear sun dried bricks are the new stucco!

Good luck. Pieces of love.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Unfair treatment by Amazon customer service

This company not only staffs rude people at the bottom, but sets policies showing bad decisions at the top. I joined for a free trial of Amazon Prime, then one week later received a Smart TV for xmas, which said it came with a 30 day trial. So I cancelled the membership on the PC the next day. Then in a week and a half, the membership on my television stops working. I call and explain the misunderstanding and am told that only one trial membership per person will be given. OK, so please give me the rest of the 30 days that I have not used yet on either device. No one listens, no one cares. One girl laughs and hangs up on me when I ask to please speak to management. I'm certainly not going to get any help from people that read from a script, so of course I'd like to talk to someone who will answer: how is this a good business decision? I will never join Prime, never buy another book from Amazon on my Kindle, and will make sure this company never gets another penny from me. And will share this will my friends and colleagues.

BOUGHT A JUICER within 6 hours of delivery i found out it DID NOT WORK.. they give u th e runaround the mfg will not give u refund because of some of the buyers buy pallets and the merchandise is 50 /50 some work and some dont returns ect.....

this was t 3rd party deal....no1 helping and they want me to send it back ON MY DIME..... SCAM AMAZON AND THE SELLERS ON THRE

Loss