Verified Reviewer

4.8

Hello,

I just have some general comments about a very poor attitude that I could sense through a chat over the computer with this customer service representative, Leslie Mae. To be brief, I had purchased a Kindle ebook for $9.99 that was due to be released on March 2.

I have digital credits of $14.11 on my account, $12.11 of which expires a mere two days before this release date on February 28. I was hoping to use the $12.11 credit towards the pre-ordered ebook. I understand now that digital credits cannot be extended, which she so very bluntly let me know was under the terms and conditions of usage. But the curt response that she gave me was unnecessary.

I have been an Amazon Prime member for a long time and I know good customer service when I hear it, see it, or read it. And Leslie Mae's poor attitude was clearly evident in just a brief interaction through a simple chat. I can just imagine how she is over the phone, or heaven forbid in person. Now, she was very sneaky by not ending our chat, which when you do the customer is prompted with letting Amazon know how their experience with the representative was.

She instead left the chat open by typing herself, click to end chat. There was no place to click because she typed it. So, by forcing me or any other customer to close the chat box themselves, there is no way to rate the experience. She is truly a pro's pro when it comes to covering her tracks in this regard.

Anyway, I am not asking for anything, I just wanted it to be known somewhere in Amazon's cyber space, that Leslie Mae lacks the class to be even a marginal representative for Amazon. Thank you for your attention.

User's recommendation: If you enter a chat with someone named Leslie Mae, exit immediately. I would normally rate Amazon's customer service 5 out of 5 stars. However, Leslie Mae alone drags them down to 3 stars at least.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments