Columbus, Ohio

As a seller, I sold a Used Like New Playstation 4 in pristine condition to a buyer. After six weeks with the product, the buyer complained that he "thought he was buying a new product and it looked like it had been used".

The listing was CLEARLY for a Used item. Despite everything and without warning, Amazon billed me $415, refunded to the fraudulent buyer and told me that the buyer has no obligation to return my merchandise? So suddenly I'm out $415 and I don't even get my merchandise back?? Excuse me??

I have been fighting with them every since. This is unethical, unfair, and illegal business practice. If anyone knows where I can sign a class action law suit I would be more than happy to sign it. I have never in my life experienced such a blatantly unethical business practice of this degree with any company.

I guess Amazon encourages theft and dishonesty now. Buy something for $400, then just say it wasn't what you thought you were getting and get your money back and keep the item.

Wow. It must be nice to get a free Playstation 4 and have Amazon help and even encourage the swindle.

Comments

Liliya

There have been class action lawsuits for sellers against Amazon in the past. Won't hurt to look around here.

I've also seen blogs about them being sued in small claims court. Can't hurt to try because they cost you money and you have proof of your original ad.

At the least I would file a report online with the BBB. If they get enough negative reports they will eventually have to answer.

Check out this website: http://www.topclassactions.com/

Did you ever consider taking them to court? Like in your city? You can .Go to your city court building and file a complaint.They would have to answer in person(There legal Rep.) in your city.No reason why you cant.And you would find in your favor if they refuse to show or you may find a credit or payment has been made to your account email.Just a thought I know I would.

I have the same issue. Posted an item for sale- iPhone- which I sent with a case.

The buyer broke apart the case and claimed that there was dirt (probably glue that kept the case together) and now the buyer wants to keep the item and get a full refund. The phone is in working condition without any scratches or cracks and I can't even get it back? This is theft and amazon is facilitating the practice. In ten years that I have been a customer and have sold stuff through my sellers account , I have never had these issues.

I will no longer be doing any business with amazon and have filed every complaint possible.

Completely appalled by the unethical behavior of customers!!!! Anyone who doesn't believe you, has not been ripped off!!!

@Annoyedatamazon

I feel you. Your situation and mine are exactly the same. Ditto on the ten or more years as a loyal customer. Please do me a favor though it might not get you anywhere, report them to the better business bureau if you haven't already. http://www.bbb.org/alaskaoregonwesternwashington/

My case didn't go anywhere and Amazon would not give me an inch, but the bbb did say they would watch for a "pattern" of behavior from the business. If enough of us tell them the same thing, that Amazon HELPED a seller to steal from us, maybe just maybe something will get done. I'm still reeling from the fact that Amazon is even capable of such evil behavior. I honestly didn't know they had it in them. It's broken every ounce of trust I ever had with the company.

I'm sure you feel the same as I do, that Amazon slapped you down after years of loyalty and are unwilling to even LISTEN to your side of things. (All of their email responses are copy and pasted standard responses regardless of the individual situation) It's theft no matter how you look at it. More and more dishonest buyers are going to milk the system because they know they can. Amazon is making it easy for them to do so. I too am done with Amazon. They started a war with me. Best of luck on your situation. Maybe one of these days justice will actually prevail for the victims of Amazons *** "A to Z" program.

PS: Where else did you file complaints? I want to make sure I do the same and that all my bases are covered. Hopefully a class action lawsuit against these crimes of theft of sellers will be established. I will sign my name to that in a heartbeat.

Liliya
@Annoyedatamazon

I try to avoid Amazon. Ebay isn't perfect but seems to be cheaper on most things but I also am noticing more and more sellers don't offer refunds.

Of course there is still that guarantee by Ebay which I assume is what Amazon does. I'm just sick of greedy, lazy people in this world who want a free ride!

Your so full of $h$t Amazon does not operate like that, You the seller in my opinion probably tried to rip someone off and ended communication with them.Amazon is about the only well known retailer that you can trust.It's shady sellers that are the problem on these sites,It is their site and you have to play by there rules,It's ignorant people like you that will walk into a persons home and try to start running it. P.S. don't let the door hit you in your *** and give you a headache.

Arlethia
@Warlock

Sorry to burst your bubble. Every word of it's true.

I thought the same way that you did, that Amazon was one of the best companies out there. Their handling of this situation has completely and without precedent made me re-think everything. PS: why are you so bitter? Do you work for Amazon?

Amazon DOES operate like this, and it doesn't take too much google work to see that a LOT of people, honest sellers have been taken to the cleaners because of a gaping hole in Amazon's A to Z program which only protects buyers and encourages the ones that are dishonest to work the system and get free stuff. If I had tried to rip someone off, why did the *** bag who bought my ps4 wait six weeks to file a complaint?? In a month and a half he probably logged a whole lot of Call of Duty time. Oh, and if what I sold was so terrible (which it absolutely wasn't) why in the world would he want to hang onto it and not send it back.

Because he stole it that's why. A almost brand new machine, he stole it and Amazon helped him.

How could you possibly know the situation so well that you are telling me I'm lying when you weren't even a part of it? I'm calling Troll on this response.

@Arlethia

I'll call him on it as well. The same thing happened to me.

A to Z was filed , I sent a reply with requested info within 1 hour. amazon contacts me 3 days later siding with the buyer and his fraudulent claim.

Debited my account and buyer kept the merchandise. Amazon insists they never received my reply even though I have copy of the email in my sent folder.

Going to file in small claims this week.

@Warlock

^^^^^troll. pissedconsumer is so full of these ^^^^trolls.

the more hits a topic gets the better odds of it appearing on a google search.

@Anonymous

I don't see any trolls here.Maybe just crooked sellers not happy when the tables are turned.I don't believe this complainer for a minute.I have been almost scammed on Amazon by a seller and it was almost impossible to get Amazon to take an immediate action.I had to send the used item back to the seller and wait at least 30 days for a refund.The seller ignored me for 6 weeks then Amazon took action and refunded me.I have learned to always read the feedback if I am buying anything now.I would have seen the pattern of the seller doing the same thing; listing used as new.I will pay the extra normally now straight from Amazon instead of the potential headache of dealing with the other sellers anywhere now. bbarga just does not sound genuine to me. I just don't believe her.

Arlethia
@Sarah

There are both dishonest sellers and dishonest buyers. It's unfortunate.

However, "BBarga" is very genuine. Why is the possibility of this being true so hard to accept? Because it's shocking coming from a reputable company? Yes, it is shocking.

I'm still trying to understand it. I have NEVER had a problem with Amazon before. I've reported this to the BBB, written to Amazon Headquarters and tried to contact every customer service person I could. It happened.

And by the way, I am a him not a her. How can you possible judge things to be "not genuine" when you have no idea what you are talking about. Just because something did not happen to YOU personally does not mean that it didn't happen. WTF??

Once again, if I was a crooked seller, why on earth did the buyer wait six weeks to say "oh, I thought I was buying something new and it looks like it was used". Give me a break. This guy has not bothered to respond to a single email trying to get my system back. Who is the criminal here?

Yes, you were screwed as a buyer, and I was screwed as a seller. I don't discount your facts, please don't discount mine based on your own experiences.

@Sarah

She's just shoveling it,If there was any merit to what she has to say than it would not have gone down like that.She flog a hunk of junk and just wanted the buyer to except it.This BSbarga seller will stand behind what they sell but just be careful and listen for the zipper.

@Anonymous

Daa I'm sick of you skid marks.Why don't you go crawl back under your rock.

@Anonymous

I wish someone would hit you you smug ***.

@Anonymous

^^^^^troll. pissedconsumer is so full of these ^^^^trolls. the more hits a topic gets the better odds of it appearing on a google search.....*** your the TROLL ,all you do is ***.BBarga has been whining and whining all over the place to get attention.She needs a sedative and you need a kick up your jackson.

@Warlock

Hey warlock why don't you stop being a troll and stop hiding behind that proxy you worthless piece of trash!

Whats a proxy ?

@Nigel

Never mind I looked it up.

#812091
@*** WARLOCK

Hey *** warlock why don't you stop being a troll and stop hiding behind that proxy you worthless piece of trash! Candy *** S.O.B.

@*** WARLOCK

***uck Y.Ou and everything about this *** site and the *** that run it. GOOD BYE You trash.NOW REMOVE THIS YOU WASTE OF A LIFE.