Amazon - SIMPLEHUMAN DO NOT HONOR WARRANTIES

84 of 1057 Amazon reviews

Update added by user Jul 12

I don't like that I was liked to so they would make a sale, I was told when purchased the warranty was a year , THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I PURCHASED, I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED AN ELECTRONIC ITEM SUCH AS A TABLET IF THE WARRANTY WAS ANYTHING LESS THAN A YEAR , and then I purchase it and a few months later of course it breaks with no abuse and then when its time to warranty my item their story all of a sudden is no you only have 3 months, BUT THEN after that chat with customer service HE SENDS ME A EMAIL SAYING SORRY YOUR ITEM IS OUTSIDE OF ITS 1YEAR WARRANTY RANGE. I message back in about that and customer service tells me oh that was a mistake, WELL HOW MANY MISTAKES IS AMAZON GOING TO MAKE THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR ?

Update added by user Jul 11

THIS WAS SIMPLEHUMAN NOT AMAZON , THIS WAS A ERROR AND A NEW REVIEW IS BEING MADE NOW

Original review posted by user Jul 11

i purchased a Simplehuman butterfly lid step trashcan for $120+ ,I bought when we was renovating our kitchen to have it when we was done. so i had the can sitting around for almost a month before i ever opened the item.

when i did open it there was 2 huge dents on the sides and the main thing is the lids were pinched together and don't want to function and paint is scuffed off and the inside of the can has gouges in it from the lids being pinched it. You can tell the can is brand new and i have pictures of it still sealed in the factory plastic and it still has the tags on it and the stickers so you can tell its brand new, i also have the brand new garbage bags and manuals ect in the can, clearly never used and I ALSO EVEN REGISTERED THE CAN ON SIMPLEHUMANS WEBISTE WHEN I BOUGHT IT , YES I REGISTERED IT . When i opened and discovered the damage i took the item back to the store i bought it from and they told me it was past their return date and was a factory warranty issue .

i message simplehuman for an exchange and tell them my situation with the store and they tell me its not their problem that i need to handle it with the store and i explain even so that i bought it from a store it is the store SELLING SIMPLEHUMAN ITEMS FOR SIMPLEHUMAN they are still REPRESENTING SIMPLEHUMAN .

Either way they kept saying they aren't reliable , and because i bought it at a store they aren't reliable , and then it changed to they needed to know the store i bought it from, then after they confirmed that they wanted a order number i gave them my receipt and still no info on how to exchange , i will be filing with the BBB TODAY !

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items
  • What I disliked
    • I was lied to

Reason of review:
WARRANTY ISSUE, DEFECTIVE, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, BAD QUALITY , NOT AS DESCRIBED, LIED TO SALE
Monetary loss:
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #880374 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amazon? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
84 of 1057 Amazon reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Amazon. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Amazon.
Filing a new complaint about
×