Update added by user Jul 12
I don't like that I was liked to so they would make a sale, I was told when purchased the warranty was a year , THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I PURCHASED, I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED AN ELECTRONIC ITEM SUCH AS A TABLET IF THE WARRANTY WAS ANYTHING LESS THAN A YEAR , and then I purchase it and a few months later of course it breaks with no abuse and then when its time to warranty my item their story all of a sudden is no you only have 3 months, BUT THEN after that chat with customer service HE SENDS ME A EMAIL SAYING SORRY YOUR ITEM IS OUTSIDE OF ITS 1YEAR WARRANTY RANGE. I message back in about that and customer service tells me oh that was a mistake, WELL HOW MANY MISTAKES IS AMAZON GOING TO MAKE THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR ?
Update added by user Jul 11
THIS WAS SIMPLEHUMAN NOT AMAZON , THIS WAS A ERROR AND A NEW REVIEW IS BEING MADE NOW
Original review posted by user Jul 11
i purchased a Simplehuman butterfly lid step trashcan for $120+ ,I bought when we was renovating our kitchen to have it when we was done. so i had the can sitting around for almost a month before i ever opened the item.
when i did open it there was 2 huge dents on the sides and the main thing is the lids were pinched together and don't want to function and paint is scuffed off and the inside of the can has gouges in it from the lids being pinched it. You can tell the can is brand new and i have pictures of it still sealed in the factory plastic and it still has the tags on it and the stickers so you can tell its brand new, i also have the brand new garbage bags and manuals ect in the can, clearly never used and I ALSO EVEN REGISTERED THE CAN ON SIMPLEHUMANS WEBISTE WHEN I BOUGHT IT , YES I REGISTERED IT . When i opened and discovered the damage i took the item back to the store i bought it from and they told me it was past their return date and was a factory warranty issue .
i message simplehuman for an exchange and tell them my situation with the store and they tell me its not their problem that i need to handle it with the store and i explain even so that i bought it from a store it is the store SELLING SIMPLEHUMAN ITEMS FOR SIMPLEHUMAN they are still REPRESENTING SIMPLEHUMAN .
Either way they kept saying they aren't reliable , and because i bought it at a store they aren't reliable , and then it changed to they needed to know the store i bought it from, then after they confirmed that they wanted a order number i gave them my receipt and still no info on how to exchange , i will be filing with the BBB TODAY !
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- I was lied to
- Reason of review:
- WARRANTY ISSUE, DEFECTIVE, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, BAD QUALITY , NOT AS DESCRIBED, LIED TO SALE
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a micromax x088 mobile from amazon. The product was faulty - poor reception and transmission. I requested for replacement. The product was replaced at zero cost. The replaced..."
- "I am a busy mother of six-year-old twins. I intended to purchase three Amazon Gift Cards for $60 each for three upcoming children's birthday parties. I wrongly purchased three Amazon..."
- "Hi I have been a customer of Amazon now for six years but after a friend used my computer to have me help him with his account they have removed..."
- " More 4 i purchased a Simplehuman butterfly lid step trashcan for $120+ ,I bought when we was renovating our kitchen to have it when we was done. so i had..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."