Verified Reviewer

The "two step verification" is a pain in the butt! I no longer have the phone number that I had when this account was set up, but to change it I have to log in.

I CAN'T LOG IN! IT KEEPS SENDING THE "CODE" TO MY OLD NUMBER!!!!! No way to get hold of anyone either.

Too many fake phone numbers out there to be sure you are calling the correct place. Just a real pain in the butt.

User's recommendation: use a different place to buy things from.

Preferred solution: into my account!.

Comments

#2018526

I have spoken to several "techs" from Amazon about this and NONE of them can figure out what the problem with this is. The first person was stumped and handed me off to another one.

He tried everything to fix it including removing ANY phone number from my account and still their system sends my stupid "verification code" to my old phone number. So I just won't be buying anything from Amazon in the future and since I have Amazon Prime on my phone account I will be going in and changing my plan to remove anything Amazon related! The only way now to do anything they told me was for me to send them a copy of my ID. I have already proven that I am the person who this account belongs to so NO WAY AM I SENDING ANYONE MY ID!

ARE THEY STUPID??? IDENTITY THEFT IS RAMPANT AND THEY THINK I AM STUPID ENOUGH TO SEND THEM MY INFO?????

WRONG! I can do without Amazon!