Verified Reviewer

1.4
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jan 19, 2022

they keep saying they will refund the money but still have not. Today is Jan 19, 2022.On Dec 10, 2021- amazon charged $585.73 for an order into my Visa Card.On Dec 23, 2021, Amazon charged $585.73, for the same order to my Discover card.They have done nothing to fix this.

Update by user Dec 20, 2021

I called their customer service dept again today. Monday.

Mid day. Their customer service account "specialist" should have been working today, but I was refused when I tried to talk to them. Was actually told they did not have a phone line - gotta be a fat lie - and that she could only email them. LIE for sure.

I called Mainly because it is 5 days to Christmas and I will be totally embarrassed to not have access to hulu /net flicks, for the grandkids to watch cartoons when they make the trip to visit me.

Last contact I received, after I gave them to permission to charge me yet again for these items, came on a Sunday night, It said It would be 5-7 more business days before they would consider my request.I'm going to go get a Roku, or a smart tv, or basic cable from my local company to have some kind of entertainment for the kiddo's on Christmas. I will never forgive amazon for this.

Original review posted by user Dec 20, 2021

I ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon as Christmas gifts. I thought I put them all on my Discover, but then I get this big charge, over $500+ to my VISA card.

I did what I was supposed to do.

I chatted with a BOT

I chatted with their customer service

I emailed in.

TWICE.. BINGO

I get two responses which state "Amazon has no record of my Visa Card being charged for that amount, and I should dispute this with my bank".

So I did

Amazon's response was to block my access to my account. I can not see what is being sent, what is being charged, can't return anything, can not see anything.

TO add further insult to this. they blocked my Firestick which I have had since 2017.

All this done a week before Christmas.

The followup email I get, after they cancel my Firestick and my account access -

OH, like magic, they found the items I was charged for.

BUT They will not give me access to my account, or the firestick, until I pay them. I'm positive I was charged on my Discover for these items, and my VIsa - but I can not prove anything cause they block my access to the account.

I'm sure they are busy manipulating records as I type to show I wasn't . I'm supposed to take their word for it.

A typical BULLY response to a customer, who simply didn't recognize a charge to their account, and did exactly what the Amazon Employees said to to.

User's recommendation: Shop anywhere else. Even Walmart.Com has better customer service. It seems Amazon farms out all their jobs as customer service phone line operators, to persons living in India or some other place, who have limited understanding of English and can rarely solve problems.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Amazon Cons: Unbelievable bad customer service.

Location: 1800 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101