Los Angeles, California

A consumer decided they didn't want the merchandise they purchase and claimed it was the wrong item so amazon refunded them their money, but unfortunately the wouldn't force them to return the supposedly wrong merchandise, so in essence they assisted the buyer in stealing from me. But the real problem is their A to Z guarantee, after selling over 23 items and only the one refund Amazon decided to freeze all of my funds for 90 days a total of 1300.00. When i questioned them about it the refused to give me answers or release my funds and most disturbing they refused to make the buyer return the merchandise. After several emails to their sellers central they finally responded as follows.

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing back to us. Unfortunately, we didnot receive the requested information from you in the time frame as specifiedin the Guarantee claim notification e-mail. Please note that we allot seven (7)days for sellers to respond to our claim notification messages. Our originalclaim notification e-mail was sent to you on Oct 7, 2012, and we did notreceive a response from you until Oct 15, 2012. As such, we have debited youraccount for this transaction.

We understand that you may not agree with the decision inthis case, but we will not be able to assist you further. There will be nofurther response to your e-mail messages regarding this transaction.

Altaf

Please refer to the Marketplace Participation Agreementfor more information:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.h />

If you would like assistance with your account or haveany questions, please see our Help pages:

sai

A-to-z Guarantee Program

I have contacted seller guarantee three times already.

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:52 PM

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing back to us. Please note that theblock action taken against your account effectively closes it. If you havefurther questions in relation to the block action taken against your accountplease contact seller-performance@amazon.com.

If you dispute the A-z Guarantee Claim decision for order104-9908663-5994605, you will need to contact seller-guarantee@amazon.com.

---- Original message: ----

You have not answered my question! I don't want to appealmy account I want it closed. And if your holding my funds AFTER merchandise hasbeen shipped and received buy the buyer, I should be gaining interest on thosefunds, as you are! I have already filed a complaint with the Attorney General'soffice so please resolve this issue asap. Also I have sent three emailsconcerning a return you issued a customer, I have yet to receive my merchandiseback even though you have already issued the buyer a refund. They have theirmoney back and my merchandise and AMAZON is not cooperating with me at all.

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:23 PM

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing back to us. Please be aware thatyour Amazon selling account is a non interest earning account.

If you would like to appeal your account closure, pleasecontact seller-performance@amazon.com.

---- Original message: ----

so in other words you are holding my merchandise andfunds hostage! Am I going to be collecting interest on those funds? And if notI will be reporting your companies actions to the Attorney General's office asfraud and misleading consumer practices as well as the FTC.

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:53 AM

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for contacting us. The funds currently in yourselling account will be transferred to your bank account after the 90-dayperiod has expired, provided we do not receive charge backs or A-to-Z Guaranteeclaims against your sales.

As you know, your account will be evaluated 90 days afterthe initial date of block or closure request, which was October 20, 2012.

Your reserved funds will be disbursed on or after January18, 2013, to your bank account on file.

---- Original message: ----

All items show shipped and more than half of the itemsshow delivered. Please forward those funds that show customer has receivedtheir order and have not shown that they are unsatisfied! Thank you

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:22 AM

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for contacting us. Due to the status of youraccount we are reserving your funds in your Amazon selling account until we aresure all items have shipped and no A-to-z Guarantee Claims are received againstyour account. Your account will be evaluated 90 days after the initial date ofblock or closure request, which was 10/20/2012. Your funds will be disbursed tothe bank account on file after your 90 day review, minus any outstandingchargebacks or A-to-z Guarantee claims.

For questions regarding why your account was blocked orto appeal the decision please contact: seller-performance@amazon.com.

Per section 2 of the AMAZON SERVICES BUSINESS SOLUTIONSAGREEMENT:

"If we reasonably conclude based on informationavailable to us that your actions and/or performance in connection with theAgreement may result in a significant number of customer disputes, chargebacksor other claims, then we may, in our sole discretion, delay initiating anyremittances and withhold any payments to be made or that are otherwise due toyou under this Agreement for the shorter of: (a) a period of ninety (90) daysfollowing the initial date of suspension; or (b) completion of any investigation(s)regarding any Seller actions and/or performance in connection with theAgreement."

------------------------------------------------ />

Funds Inquiry

------------------------------------

I do not understand why you have placed a hold on myfunds because of One out of 23 orders was an A to Z situation. Please releasemy funds so i can continue to feed my children. Thank you for you time.

Contact phone number

------------------------------------

3109023754

------------------------------------------------ />

Hello from Amazon.

This is an auto-generated message to let you know we haveremoved your selling privileges, canceled your listings, and placed a temporaryhold on any funds in your seller account. Any new selling accounts you openwill be closed.

We took this action because your seller account hasfailed our review process.

Per the terms of the selling agreement you entered intowith Amazon Services, we reserve the right to limit or remove sellingprivileges as we deem appropriate.

We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve anypending orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guaranteeclaims and chargebacks may be deducted from your Marketplace Payments account.

After 90 days, the hold will be removed and any remainingfunds will be available per your settlement schedule. In addition, balance andsettlement information will be available in the Payments section of your selleraccount. If you have questions about these funds, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

To appeal this decision, please reply via theNotification page of the Customer Metrics section of your selling account (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-expe />In your appeal, be sure to include all applicable information listed under the"How to expedite an account review" section of our "Velocity Limits and AccountReviews" page in seller Help.

Regards,

Merchant Approval Team

Amazon.com

I really don't appreciate you guys continuing to beat aroundthe bush! I understand the policy you have in place and don't mind you issuinghim or her a refund, however, they still have my merchandise! I WANT MYMERCHANDISE BACK!

From: seller-guarantee@amazon.com [mailto:seller-guarantee@amazon.com]

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:29 PM

Cc: payments-mail@amazon.com

Subject: A-to-z Guarantee Claim against Amazon.com (Order104-9908663-5994605)

Please refer to the Marketplace Participation Agreementfor more information:

sai

A-to-z Guarantee Program

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Account.

Comments

Arlethia

Looks like your records are very organized and well documented. I had a recent similar situation.

I don't know what's going on with Amazon, but you are not alone. There are a LOT of folks who are getting merchandise stolen from them with Amazon's assistance.

Report them to the Better Business Bureau. It takes about ten minutes to file a claim.

The more reports like this the better business bureau receives, the bigger a message it sends that we will not be screwed over by these thieves formerly known as Amazon.com. Theft is a crime. Do not take it lying down. Report them.

You've made a VERY WELL documented case.