Verified Reviewer

3.2

Update by user Apr 08, 2022

I had forgotten to add at the time that the seller offered me $150 to keep the bike and install a new display myself. They also offered to up the warranty to 2 years.

However, at that time no new display had showed up and I did not even know if one had been sent. As for a 2 year warranty, the seller had declined to provide a copy of the one year warranty so I have doubts as to there being any warranty at all. A few days later the new display arrived from China but I was still hesitant to install it as I wanted to explore the possibility of disputing the charges with Visa. The time for disputing it had expired but I had heard that I still could possibly do so since I had documentation of constant contact with the seller and Amazon.

However, my health has taken a turn for the worse and I was unable to handle doing much of anything for the last several weeks. My final resolution was to install the display ( very easy and which fixed the issue of the bike working, for now) and prepare to sell the bike.

I already have a potential buyer and this will let me recoup more of my costs than it would to return it and not be reimbursed for the shipping. I want nothing more to do with this bike, the seller or Amazon on this issue and I will probably buy from a local dealer should I buy another one.

Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2022

This would be a one star review if I could only rate the company on this one issue.

Last year inn November I bought an electric bicycle which happened to be from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. The item turned out to be defective and I contacted the seller via Amazon.

They felt the issue was with the display which is part of the computer system and offered to send a replacement part. This was fine until I asked them, since this was an electronic, not mechanical, part would me doing the replacement in any way void the warranty. They waffled on this, only promising to "take responsibility". I asked again to answer "Yes or No will this void the warranty if I do the replacement and I received the same reply.

i also asked for a copy of the warranty which they also declined to provide. I then started a return via Amazon and their site said that the seller would provide a prepaid shipping label ( I saw this several times during the process). I did this within the required times for a return. However, after numerous contacts with the seller and Amazon with every call to Amazon getting someone who would, again, contact the seller for the 6 or 7th time with the same result.

Now Amazon is saying that the seller is not required to provide a prepaid shipping label and depending on which shipper I would use it would be anywhere between $500 to over $600 on a bike that cost $1000. Amazon has also now canceled my claim since a shipping address was provided (just not prepaid)So, it turns out that Amazon's A to Z Guarantee is not worth the paper (digital) it is written on.

Since the shipper has not agreed to pay for the return there is no guarantee that I would get it back. At this point I also do not see the seller being willing to even refund the cost in full even though there is under 3 miles on the bike.

It seems that Amazon cares more about their sellers than their, even Prime, customers.

I am unable to bring the purchase info over from Amazon as it seems they do not allow one to copy it to paste elsewhere. However the Amazon order is #Order # 112-773****-438**** and the full cost with taxes was $1,009.04

User's recommendation: Never make a major purchase on Amazon if it is via a 3rd party seller because Amazon will not back you.

Amazon Pros: Normal customer service is great.

Amazon Cons: Act like we work for them and know the exact department.

Comments