3.7
Turnaround Time

I attempted to buy a gift card on Amazon for a relative. It said it would probably be authorized in 5 minutes and they would send an email when it's ready. After 24 hours they sent me an email, similar to a reviewer that was able to post on Amazon (they wouldn't allow me to), stating the following:

Hello,

We believe that an unauthorized party may have accessed your account. To protect your information, we have:

-- Disabled the password to your account.

-- Reversed any modifications made by this party.

-- Canceled any pending orders. You can ignore any confirmation emails that you received for these orders.

-- If appropriate, refunded purchases to your payment instrument. However, we recommend you to review all recent activity on your payment methods and report any unauthorized charges to your financial institution.

-- Restored any gift card balance that may have been used. It may take 2 to 3 days for the gift card balance to be available in your account.

Please allow 2 hours for these actions to take effect.

After 2 hours, you will be able to reset your password and regain access to your account. On the Sign In page, select "Forgot your password?" and follow the instructions. If you do not have a phone number in your account, we recommend adding it by clicking "Account Settings" on our Help page:

In the meantime, we recommend that you also change your email provider's password and passwords for other websites to help protect your account from being compromised again.

Once you regain access to your account, you may need to:

-- Re-enter your complete payment method information the next time that you place an order.

-- Re-enter any addresses that you recently added to your account.

-- Check your subscriptions, if you have any. You may need to update them.

To learn more about how this may have happened and what you can do to secure your account, please visit our "Security & Privacy" page:

If you have any trouble accessing your account, call Customer Service at:

Customers within U.S. and Canada: 1-888-280-4331

International customers: 1-206-922-0880

Sincerely,

Account Specialist

Amazon.com

There was no unauthorized party. They just screwed up. I tried calling them, but they didn't know what was going on and just told me to order again. I don't think so. I order a great deal of products on Amazon and they have usually done very well. What *** me off is they won't let me write a review to warn others because they obliterated the order and they wouldn't allow an unverified reviewer write a review because "Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product". Sure enough, they reset my account. I managed to get back in by resetting my password. As far as I can tell all my other orders, aside from the gift card order, are still there, as well as my credit cards on file and other information I've trusted them with. So far, it doesn't look like my credit card has been charged for the gift amount, unlike what happened to the other reviewer I read on Amazon. Needless to say, I will never ever try to purchase an Amazon gift card again. I'll just give cash as a gift from now on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Gift Card.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Amazon Gift Cards