Massachusetts, United States

I listed and sold a new Hoover cordless vacuum on amazon for $385 w/ free shipping (retails $399). 29-days later, I received a notice from amazon the item was being returned by the buyer for refund, and that amazon would chargeback the funds I'd received from the sale.

I received no reason for the return, but my bank account was tapped for $330 and refunded to the buyer, along with listing and fulfillment fees of $55 charged by amazon. At the time of the refund, and as of this writing, the item was not received by amazon and returned to stock. I do not know if the item is in resalable condition, or if it will be returned at all. As a seller, I am unable to relist the item for sale until it comes back into amazon's fulfillment center.

At this point, I have no item to sell and am out $385. Prior to amazon, I sold items on eBay. Selling on eBay required a bit more "leg work" as I needed to create descriptions and post photos for each item for sale, rather than simply selecting them from amazon's product catalog, but I've had no issues with eBay and have never lost money on a sale. As a seller on eBay, I also did not forfeit my right to negotiate with the buyer.

Amazon handles the returns, which may not always be in favor of the seller. Seller beware!

Reason of review: Refund policy.

Comments