2.6

I was asked to make a review of the seller, etailz UK by Amazon from who I ordered the item No: 206-7783972-5511552 on 8th September 2019. The item was scheduled to arrive on 18th September.

By 7th October, it still hadn't arrived and when I tracked it down, the tracking note on 12th September pointed out items were damaged and being returned to seller. In all this time, seller had the chance to contact me and let me know whether I wanted to replace order or to be refunded. Up to 7th October, I hadn’t heard anything from his end. The first thought was obviously he was trying to get away with my money without sending the order, seeing that I didn’t launch a complaint, so I contacted your customer care.

They checked my order and confirmed exactly what I had said.

To this effect I was told it’s only fair they refund me for the items and they did.

But what was most disturbing and felt rather unfair was that later Amazon asked me to rate the seller and when I wrote the following, they found this statement was somehow inappropriate. Well I’d like them to explain where I said something abusive, or out of order, unless of course the truth now is being classified as out of order:

"Unreliable. Ordered items on 8th Sept and were to arrive on 18th. On Oct 8 I tracked package and found this note:

Thursday, 12 September - Parcel was damaged and returning to shipper.

Seller didn't bother to contact me.

Amazon refunded me and he could only use verbal abuse. Gross negligence, wrong attitude problem, unacceptable!"

I have been using Amazon for many, many years, but I have never came across a seller that would verbally abuse a client. Any client would expect a seller of this nature, to be reprimanded harshly by Amazon rather than protected!

This was very disappointing indeed from Amazon, as I did expect my rights to be protected and what came to my mind was: I wonder how many disappointed clients have come across unprofessional sellers like this man who verbally abused them and actually got away with it, even though he gave them a lousy service. What’s more Amazon despite having knowledge of this goes on to protect him instead of taking action against him.

This is not a question of money but a question of principle, if this word still exists in their dictionary.

The issue of my payment thanks to customer care was settled immediately, but if you are protecting sellers of this kind, I’m afraid I am hesitant and now feel unsafe using Amazon. In fact I will most certainly take my business to other online outlets. Whilst they have their own personal interests protecting their sellers even if they have an attitude problem which permits them to be so rude with their customers, I have my own interests to protect.

Given the hassle and amount of time wasted because of this man, I don’t think I want to risk coming across somebody like him ever again.

Despite his gross incompetence was as clear as crystal still Amazon, instead of reprimanding him actually protected him. See how they censored my comment (the last one) about his service below:

5 out of 5 starsvery good

By paul hayden on 11 October 2019.

5 out of 5 starsThe item was delivered securely packed and to schedule.

Couldn't ask for better.

By Mr. A. J. Downs on 11 October 2019.

5 out of 5 starsReally fun hand warmers, delivery was a little delayed but I was kept updated throughout the process

By Suzi on 10 October 2019.

5 out of 5 starsThis towel is fantastic to wrap around my son after swimming lessons.

He is 120cm and it is down by his ankles. The towel is lovely and thick with a hood attach...Read more

By Liz on 09 October 2019.

1 out of 5 starsitems never received

By Journalist on 09 October 2019.

Message from Amazon: Amazon takes responsibility for this fulfillment-related experience.

Judge for yourselves - think if you were in an office and you call your clients names - do you think your boss would protect you - probably not even if you had a good reason to do so?

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Amazon Pros: Have some wonderful things to sell.

Comments