Before Amazon Prime, I would purchase items on Amazon, get free shipping, and receive the items sometimes the next day. Never more than three days.

I live in NY. NJ and CT has Amazon locations that I've received my items from. Prime offers the same service I used to get with Amazon, for a membership fee. Now because of Prime, my "Free" shipping options are 5 to 10 days.

So to get me to pay for Prime, Amazon will holdup shipping my items for 4 or more days.

I buy a lot of stuff online. Thousands a year, but not on Amazon, because of the policy of holding up my items. Just today I wanted a Pyle PCAU46A Amplifier. I found it on Ebay for $58, fast&free shipping (by 8/16.) I checked Amazon, and it was 53.66, +$10 S&H for 2 day (by 8/14,) or 8/17 to 8/24 for free S&H.

I found it on Wal-Mart for $53.66 with free 2 day S&H. So I purchased it on Wal-Mart. Just like the rest of the Thousands I spend, not on Amazon. A lot of times I don't even bother with Amazon.

Holding up people's items to get them to join Prime, I hope makes Amazon a lot of money.

I'm not sure how much of the membership money is spent shipping.... I'm not sure how much of the thousands I alone spend would have been Amazon profit, if I spent it on Amazon.

I can't imagine I'm the only one that avoids Amazon because of Prime. I can't imagine Amazon even cares.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Preferred solution: End holding up shipping items to acquire Prime Members.

Comments