Hahira, GA 31632, USA
4.6

I ordered an item that was Prime on a Wednesday. In fact, it said "order in the next 4 hours and get it by Friday," which I did.

I receive a message the next day that the new arrival date is Monday, which is obviously late. I call Amazon customer service, knowing that in the past when this happened, they gave me a free extra month of Prime. NO LONGER. They stopped this type of compensation.

After informing me of the change, the representative I spoke with offered me a measly $5 credit for the fact my item would arrive in FIVE days not TWO. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who, after repeated the same well-practiced polite, trite crap, finally gave me a $15 credit.

The moral of the story: never take the first thing offered and ask to speak with a supervisor to resolve any problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Make Prime two days, iron-clad or have a concrete refund policy. No more forcing people to jump through hoops..

Comments

LH S

This happened to me all the time. Not the refund, but the adding on of days - almost every order before I boycotted them. Prime is a fraud imo

I have always received a small refund ($5-10, sometimes $15) when my item isn't going to arrive in 2 days. I always thought it was just fine.

A full month of free prime seems excessive for a couple of extra days.

Honestly the fact that people think anyone can "guarantee" shipping means you are not living in the real world. Things happen, we can't control every single detail as much as folks wants to.