3.1
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I have been a Prime customer for years and until this past year have been relatively satisfied.The only Prime service I really find worthwhile is the two day shipping.

On September 3rd I ordered several items and those that were from a third party seller arrived in the stated time. The two Prime-eligible items were out-of-stock but expected by the 8th and should arrive by the 11th according to my confirmation email (see photo). On the 5th my credit card was charged for the out-of-stock items and on the 7th they shipped from New Jersey but they are not expected to arrive until the 15th almost two weeks after they were ordered. When I spoke to customer service I was first told that it was due to weather, but when I pointed out that New Jersey and the route through Illinois that the items were taking are not anywhere near the hurricane impacted areas, the story changed.

It was that items only have to be shipped within two days. After 15-20 minutes on the phone the only resolution was I was offered a five dollar certificate to use on a future purchase.

This is not what I pay $99 per year to have happen.Had I known the real time frame I would have ordered from a different retailer.

Review about: Amazon Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Ease of shopping.

I didn't like: False amazon prime claims and lasership.

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Comments

I totally agree.Sure, calling Amazon about a shipping issue as a Prime Member and demanding recompense usually works.

But who has time to call them after every screwed up order? I know I don't. I'm pretty fed up myself as Amazon tells me they cannot control the shipping company nor which one is used. My question then is: How then do they presume to "guarantee" you free two day shipping as a Prime customer.

Is it supposed to just be "the thought that counts"?Amazon, I am PAYING for that "thought".