This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

3.3

Update by user May 10, 2022

Amazon has done nothing, aside from admitting they have no fraud department to really investigate.

Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2022

Found fraudulent charges from Amazon Digital on my bank card. Each charge was $4.99 repeated over and over, totaling hundreds of dollars.

Contacted their customer service, who located two accounts (not mine) that made the charges. Despite this being blatant identity theft they wouldn't tell me anything more and sent me a form that you use to reach their fraud department. Only 200 characters allowed to explain problem and they'll get back to you.

Sent the form, reply stated they didn't find anything wrong with my account and blew me off (twice). I have an email from their customer service rep that states she can see the accounts but still nothing.

User's recommendation: Be very wary of bank card usage on Amazon.

Amazon Pros: Great selection.

Amazon Cons: Customer service hides behind automated phone systems.

Comments