Portland, Oregon
2.3K views

The decision of Amazon to contract with OnTrac is an insult to previously loyal customers who were willing to pay extra for better service and instead have received only terrible, unreliable service that clearly violates the contract of the Prime shipping service.

When contacted, OnTrac told me they had altered my shipping date and did not yet consider my order to be late - which it clearly was since I paid for Prime shipping and the date had passed. Apparently, the actual contractual date is meaningless. It is after 7:30 pm, the third day after my order and, if I stay home and if the lights on my porch are on (I don't have a porch) and if meet the driver at the door, I could have my package after 8:00 tonight.

What, in any of that, is customer service? Apparently I am paying extra for worse service than the standard post office.

Is this the plan all along? Bait and switch??? Bait with the service I could have if I pay extra, but (switch!) here's the service I get. Since Amazon already has your money and will make it hellish for you to try and end your contract and regian any funds, what do they care at this point?

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Shipping Service.

Comments

OnTrac R

Hello - I work for OnTrac. Providing you a positive delivery experience is very important. If you experiencing service issues, I would be happy to help.

Please send your tracking number to rob@ontrac.com or webcustomerservice@ontrac.com. We will research the details of your delivery and address any opportunities to improve our service in your area.

For privacy reasons, please do not post tracking information in a public comment or reply.

Thank you.

@OnTrac R

once again delivery delayed. you guys are now 0 and 5 id think you could get it right once.

I will say your consistent. Consistently late, So I feel I should be consistent also and place yet another call to amazon to recommend they get a capable carrier, before they lose more prime members do to your positive delivery experience.

If you really want to improve service in my area, get out and let someone else handle it. 5 strikes your out!

Ontrac is a hideous company! Their tracking system shows that my package was signed for by FD.

I'm assuming that is Front Desk. I'm in a 65 unit town home community built in '87. There is no office; there is no front desk.

This is not my first problem with these idiots. They have many times claimed attempted delivery when no attempt was made.

OnTrac is off trac. I am cancelling my account with Amazon as of today, 6/13/12.

My last shipment with Ontrac (2 day delivery) arrived 7 days late, by which time I had complained to Amazon and was sent a replacement order.

I recently placed an order with Standard delivery, and today am advised that OnTrac has this order for delivery. I don't expect to receive it any time soon and it will be my last order with Amazon until they get rid of these substandard delivery services.

I am a Letter Carrier for USPS and I've actually delivered to apartment managers where ontrac has misdelivered packages.. I actually have told the manager I'll take these to the right place since the people it was for lived on my route.. I talk to the customers and tell the ontrac misdelivered their package so I'm doing their jobs for them...

@Sam

wooooowwwwww!!! goes to show what a piece of S*^T Ontrack is as a shipment company...

Yes I work for ontrac in ut and as a sorter I can say this the company reps have some problems but most of all its the drivers who r giving ontrac a bad name they get in my way of sorting so it takes me longer to sort which in turn makes packages late

After two delivery failiurs by Amazon/OnTrac (tracking said delivered but no packages) in one month, I called amazon and asked for refound of the full amount of the Prime membership fee for this calendar year. They gave me $79 credited to my account at once.

As a result I got free Prime shipping for about 6 months. You may want to consider this option if you are willing to give up the membership. I understand you can restore the membership if you feel you need it.

It is a matter of $$ for Amazon. If they see many of us do something like this, they may consider dropping OnTrac.

I hate this ontrac delivery service they are always late and completely unprofessional, the guy looked like a terrorist in a van, that looked like they were going to kidnap me, very scary, i just ordered another product and it says ontrac, just great!!!! WTH!!!! I dont want those people any where near my home.

I live in Los Angeles and I am constantly amazed by Amazon and OnTrac. It seems like I can often order something from Amazon one afternoon and it's sitting on my doorstep before noon the next morning. I am really quite awed by it.

Endya
@Howard

They have yet to get one right for me in Riverside Ca. I am amazed had how bad they are.

I've actually had no issues with OnTrac (Reno, NV) and I order A LOT of stuff via Amazon Prime. I wonder if the big issue is by area? They are a white cargo van with a little OnTrac logo here...

I setup a video camera after numerous failed deliveries by Ontrac. Every time I check the status of my Amazon orders online and it says "delivered" the package is nowhere to be found.

I setup a camera after twice having to take time off of work to wait for my packages. What the drivers do is they walk up to your door with a door tag and their scanner but with no package! Unbelievable, I have sent the video to Amazon. These guys are a complete scam!

If you order from Amazon and the shipping service says "Ontrac" what you need to do is immediately call Amazon Customer Service and cancel your order!

Can anyone tell me what an OnTrac vehicle looks like? I rest my case, they are run by a network of thieves.

My last two Ontrac Amazon packages were tracked as delivered, but no package was left. When I called Ontrac, the customer service representative said he'd contact the driver and ask him to return to "look for" the package. The next day, the package was on my porch.

I think they scan packages as delivered either to finish their work sooner and get home early or to later steal them if no one complains right away.

Amazon is tarnishing their reputation by associating with this disreputable company.

HORRIBLE COMPANY. ALL THE BAD REVIEWS ARE TRUE.

ORDERED SHOES FROM SHOE METRO AND THIS THIEVES CLAIMED IT WAS DELIVERED/LEFT AT MY APT. DOOR INSIDE A CCTV SECURED APT BLDG (EXCEPT IN CORRIDORS). CALLED THEM, DRIVER EVEN CAME BACK TO ACT/TRACE/RECALL IF HE INDEED LEFT IT AT THE RIGHT DOOR. NO PACKAGE WHATSOEVER.

ONTRAC SUBCONTRACTS DELIVERY PEOPLE. IN MY CASE HE SAID HE WAS IN HIS CAR DOING HIS ROUNDS. TO ADD INSULT, THE EPENSIVE SHOES I ORDER WASNT AVAILABLE ANYMORE IN MY SIZE!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHADY COMAPNY! NOW IM STUCK WITH MY REFUND CLAIM.

Could be worse, man. OnTrac, upon being baffled by the invention known as the doorbell (i.e.

they never tried knocking or ringing the doorbell -- I was home all day), proceeded to give my package to my neighbor, because they thought that was safer than leaving it in front of my house. I live in San Francisco. I don't know my neighbor, nor do I associate with him.

They might as well have given it to a random homeless person on the street and asked them to deliver it. Actually, it may well have been delivered, had that been the case.

@Sombito

AMAZON!!! PLZZ DROP them "ONTRAC" seems to have alot of offtrack packages. including mine :(