Verified Reviewer

I have an on-going problem with my Amazon account that remains unresolved despite six different phone calls to Customer Service within the last three days. Each time I've called I've followed through on recommendations.

My problem remains despite all collective efforts, and I've reached the conclusion that someone at a higher level of authority needs to step in.

Some history:

I'm a 20+ plus year customer and have never had an issue like this before. Most of the time ordering through Amazon has been an easy, streamlined process, and when I've had an issue it has been easily resolved. Up until now I've been a very happy customer.

However, the circular pass-the-back process I've encountered with Customer Service for my current problem makes me feel like I'm living in an Amazon version of the movie Groundhog Day!

Sometime around March 1st of 2021 my Amazon account was hacked, and that hacker apparently managed to change my password and actually placed at least two orders totalling about $500 on my account. One order was listed as shipping to Florida; the other to myself (I think!) at my home address.

I have tried to change my password many times since then, but have been locked out of my account since I don't have access to the new password created by the hacker.

To add to the aggravation, whenever I have requested a password change I have failed to receive the OTP. Perhaps that is because the OTP is being sent to the hacker. In addition to this problem reception of E-mail from Amazon has been inconsistent. I receive some transmissions, but not others.

I have no idea why this is happening. This morning I received a response (an apology form letter) after an unsuccessful phone call with Customer Service time stamped at 8:56 a.m. I then placed another phone call to Customer Service with another agent, who twice e-mailed me with information to help recalibrate my account. NEITHER OF THOSE TRANSMISSIONS HAVE REACHED ME.

I am quite certain he sent them. (And yes, I've checked my SPAM folder.)

There is obviously some type of problem occurring during the transmission process at a systemic level. I'm wondering if some of those transmissions have ended up in the hacker's inbox instead of my own.

Meanwhile I remain locked out of my account, am unable to remove my credit card number or check my account for fraudulent transactions, have been unable to place orders, and have been unable to speak with a supervisor in Customer Service since the fraud was discovered.

I have requested a phone conference/resolution with a supervisor several times since efforts at the primary Customer Service level have been unsuccessful and have been refused. When I requested an E-mail address to write to as an alternative the address CS gave me bounced back in my box as undeliverable.

Bottom line: God help you if you encounter fraud with your account at Amazon--because Amazon most certainly will not.

Preferred solution: Remove problem with my account.

Comments