81 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Feb 04

Amazon refunded these devices. Initially they would only refund me for one device, but after two hours and speaking with 6 customer service reps they agreed to refund both.

Update by user Feb 04

Correction - we have an amazon fire stick and a fire tv recast - not a fire tv cube.

Original review posted by user Feb 04

We recently purchased an amazon firestick and fire tv cube. Our home page recently started showing a sponsored ad for imdbtv (see attached photo), which is insanely inappropriate for children.

I am appalled that this photo was even approved as an ad, but even more frustrated that there has been absolutely nothing I can do to remove it from our home page. It automatically shows up in a rotation with other sponsored ads every time we turn the firestick on, even though we have never watched imdbtv. Amazon customer service has not even been able to grasp what the issue is, let alone find any way to resolve it.

I have asked for an exception to allow up to return these items, but to no avail. We purchased this because it was said to be family friendly with good parental controls, but our experience has been absolutely unacceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Fire Tv Streaming Stick.

Reason of review: Inappropriate ads that we are not able to block or prevent.

Amazon Pros: Prices and fast delivery, Easy returns.

Comments