3.5

I purchased a 4-yr extended warrantee on a PC purchased thru Amazon. The charge appeared on my credit card, but I did not receive a certificate of warrantee from SmartGuard or a link I could exercise if I needed to use the warrantee.

So I called SmartGuard and was told by a foreign-sounding female voice, "I'll send you an email." Guess what...no email. Now my confidence in SmartGuard is at zero, so I called Amazon, who said they would investigate. Eventually, Amazon posted a credit to my card. At no point did Amazon or SmartGuard try to assure me with documentation of my warrantee which is all I really wanted, so I posted a 1-star negative review of SmartGuard.

Amazon(!) rejected the review with the comments: "Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback. We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.

" Never! Purchase a SmartGuard warrantee!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Smartguard Protection Plan.

Reason of review: No verification of warrantee.

Amazon Pros: Timely refund of payment for warrantee.

Amazon Cons: Rejection of my factual review of their business partner.

Comments