Verified Reviewer

3.2

I purchase on average 4 to 10 times a month from Amazon. I leave reviews of the items I purchase.

Almost all my reviews are favorable- because I read other reviews and research before I purchase.

I received a Ninja Foodie Blender of some sort for a birthday present. I was so extremely disappointed in the quality of the product- it is an outrageously cheap quality for the price. I felt with all the rage of these processors I should leave a review on Amazon. It states on Amazon that they welcome reviews positive or negative.

I wrote an extensive review showing all the bad qualities of this blender/processor.

I believe I mentioned 7 specific things that really annoyed me about that product. I also provided photos. I used no obscene language and the only comment that I felt could have been flagged - was a comment so made about my old Oster being much better(which it is a better product).

I received a notice via email that there was suspicious activity on my Amazon account and that my review and ALL my reviews were removed and I was banned from leaving further reviews.

I sent an email to the community guidelines as instructed to inquire about this. To this day I have received NO response.

I also sent another email to customer service and received a canned response passing me back to community guidelines email.

I also chatted online with customer service - just to have me referred back to community guidelines.

So I researched Amazon customer complaints. And it seems that a common complaint was that Amazon tended to push the items Amazon stocks to other vendors on Amazon.

I trust certain companys online to order from. I trust eBay because of the many orders I placed since 2000. I always had immediate response to problem orders.

With PayPal I knew I could get my money back. I take in account the negative reviews I of the seller when I purchase. Knowing if the seller receives bad reviews its because they do not back the products they sell.

But now I have lost total faith in Amazon reviews. I dont rely on them because I know that there are many honest reviews that have been blocked - like myself.

Dont get me wrong - I have seen negative reviews on Amazon that I felt offered no help to my decision making because the reviewer often just made short statements such as, this sucks! Cheap! Instead of offering an explanation of the flaws of the product. Which I did in the review that got me banned.

If I would have received some response from Amazon community guidelines as to what I did wrong with my review - I would try to correct it or accept my censorship.

But, no response multiple times tells me that I am dealing with algorithms and artificial intelligence. At the worst Im dealing with one narcissistic individual who chose to ban me forever because my review did not mesh with an item that they like. I dont know - because this person is into cheap quality?

To this day - if you look up reviews of the ninja Foodie blender/processor that I reviewed - there are thousands of positive reviews. Which I know any person who values a good quality kitchen tool and really knows their kitchen stuff would never leave a positive for that cheap piece of bacteria holding plastic,

So I research elsewhere from multiple sites, only slightly considering Amazon reviews if they are explanatory not just,I like this (emoji smile, thumbs up).

I will end by saying that the blender I had - had one (1) good feature - a Velcro cord wrap and Amazon is good for fast delivery - just dont trust the ratings.

User's recommendation: Research ratings and review’s elsewhere.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Cons: Incompetent response team.

Comments