3.3

I received a email from Amazon Prime with a link titled "•Now Streaming: CBS All Access on Amazon Channels". I opened the link and saw the new CBS Star Trek series, I added the series to my "Watch List".

When trying to watch the series through the app on our smart TV we got the message "not available to rent or purchase". I went on Amazon Prime website and had a long chat with a Amazon rep trying to determine why I could not watch the series, the rep never answered my question and finally ended the chat by telling me I never received a email from Amazon even after I cut and pasted the email into the chat, basically calling me a liar. I then called Amazon and spoke to a rep who indicated that I needed to purchase a CBS all access membership before I could watch the series on their Prime Video service. When adding the Star Trek series to my Amazon Prime watch list I did not see a notice about needing to first join CBS all access.

There was also no notice on the Amazon Prime Video app when we tried to watch it on our TV.

Since talking to the rep I went back and now see the requirement to first join CBS All Access for $9.99 per month to watch. What still *** me off is the chat rep saying I never received a email from Amazon basically calling me a liar, not great customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Prime Membership.

Reason of review: confusing information.

Preferred solution: Do not allow addition to watchlist of a show that is not available for rent or purchase..

Amazon Pros: Most of products.

Amazon Cons: Rude customer service.

Comments