State: New Jersey Clear all filters (45 of 2402 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Amazon: We were just kidding

I ordered and received an item from Amazon. It was incorrectly advertised - the wrong size. I proceeded to return the item via the website and a window was generated that said the item did not need to be returned that "it was on us" and I took a print screen of the window as backup proof. The window is proof that I was promised a refund. I never saw the refund. I called and was told they had no idea why I would received that window/message but that NOW I had to return the item. That's fine - I will, but shame on Amazon for not even wanting to SEE the document proving my claim. Clearly they do not honor or control what happens within their website.
yuppers

So Sad, actually they still do. Its called the A-Z buyer protection guarentee and it applies to anyone selling through amazon.

Amazon actually uses this to shaft sellers too, but thats beyond the point here.

Open up the better buisness bureau website go to www.bbb.org, find amazon on there, and type in what happened (and post relevant emails or documents if applicable). Then the BBB will force Amazon ( a real person, usually the team lead of the claims department) to consider and respond to you until you come to an agreement (under the BBB's watch).

I'm in the process now and it's great. let us know how it goes for you.

Most items sold on Amazon are sold through independent sellers and not directly through Amazon. Amazon has no control over these sellers and how they handle their refund process.

View more comments (1)
Review
I have been an amazon member for approximately 5 years i.e. since my first year of college in N.Y. Everything was going well over the years until I started selling my college items on amazon. I was selling them because I was finally graduating and I was ready to head...

Amazon stole $3600+ from me, telling me to ship the items 7 months ago. Each date when the funds were to transfer it would give an error and no money went to my bank account.

I called many times and was assured all was set, and the following friday it would be transferred. Never transferred, all the people received their products , no A-Z claims have been filed. Then I was told none of my 5 customers left me feedback, so money will be held for 30 days, anyway it has been 6 months an Iphone 4S, a Laptop, and desktop, an Ipad.

And an expensive TV later I still have not received one dime. :cry

View more comments
Amazon Account
Loss

Amazon charges 26% for a return

Amazon saw fit to hit me with a 26% return fee for a $222. product. I asked for an air cleaner made in America and they sent me one made overseas. Without opening the box, I sent it back. These actions didi not fall into any of their return fees category but they still hit my card with a $59.00 charge. Internet shopping is getting tougher and consumers need to be bastards. I am off internet for now. And I will never go to Amazon again. Sears screwed me in 1983 and I have not been back since. A pox on the Amazon house for all the consumers they ripped off this holiday season so their executives can live in big houses and get their kids into schools your kids will be squeezes out of. America, land of the thieves and rip off artists- KTR
yuppers

That's insane. If you had bought it through an Amazon 3rd party seller they would have taken the full amount from the seller and given it to you.

That is two faced at its best. Amazon will make others do something they themselves would not do.

Review

AMAZON.com is hurting individual sellers

Amazon is suspending alot of sellers without good explanation. It seems that they don't care anything but only their 15% commission. I have been longtime Amazon.com customer as a buyer and recently became a seller. Sold over $2000 worth of items in 6 days.. guess what? they now suspended my seller account without clear explanation and just notified me that they will hold my money for 90 days. What a communist business is that? Holding my money (and others) for 90 days... am I getting any interest?? Millions of dollars they are holding it for their own good.

They have just done this to me as well. Gave me no worning.

I had 1 complaint and one shipment that I sent late, but the buyer agreed to that, and since only 3 people have left feedback for me, and one of them was not perfect, they have banned me.

The one bad feedback was 3 out of 5, not even below 50%, and the guy never gave me a chance to fix the problem. How can I possibly check thousands of disks ahead of time, to see if they work perfectly?

:?

I always send a notice to all customers that their order was shipped - restated the shipping information and then asked for their feedback on my customer service and product after they receive it.

My account is suspended for 31 days due to this "review" for violating policy of contacting sellers. I know that amazon sends a "automated" message - but its just reaffirmation that I've processed and shipped it and to remind them to provide feedback.

By the way, I'm still suppose to list and ship products but I can't have my funds released until the review is concluded up to 31 days - it doesn't seem right to me.

Test TestiesTest TestiesTest Testies

test

I, too, have just had my tangle with Amazon.com. My issue is that as a new seller they say they hold the funds on reserve for 21 days.

Ok, fine. I don't like it, but ok. Now that 21 days is up on January 3rd, but I see on my account my settlement amount is dropping by the day. This is because apparently, even though there is no disclosure in the agreement as to this fact, they will only disperse the payments given for the 14 days immediately prior to the settlement date.

Meaning that first week in which I made $180 is continuing to be held, despite good feedback and tracking information given on each package. I call Support and they say those funds will be released 14 days AFTER the next settlement date, for a total of 6 weeks. They will not tell me why. I'm waiting for a supervisor to call back, but I know that I will have to call again and again.

And to the "Too bad, so sad" person- those are the reasons Amazon gives to excuse what they do. That does not mean that those excuses have merit. I have read over a hundred complaints from people saying that has happened to them, but they have never sold on Amazon before and never violated any rules. It's arbitrary.

And if they do make interest on the reserve funds, that violates federal consumer laws and banking laws. They are not allowed to use consumer money to profit on top of their commission with no disclosure.

That's how the law works. I will join any class action lawsuit that contacts me.

Jess
#319183

thanks for letting me vent as this has really angered me and if anyone has a lawsuit going, I'm in.

#319181

I believe it's about making money on the interest. I was also suspended and they even told me they will not give me specifics on as to why.

Think of all the monies sitting, earning interest from all the accounts they suspend or place reserves on each day. It's about clocking in the money for them and they could care less about the seller because there are so many of them.

Amazon must use a Paypal where the hold your money from 60 to 90 days I say don't use them anymore. The suck the life out of you if they could. They don't want you making to much money LOL *** EM

No reason equates to one of the following:

"You're account has been associated with another account that was banned for violating our terms of service"

or, the more common for posters of these complaint boards, and this is always omitted from the complaints:

"It has come to our attention that you are selling recopied media, this is against our policy agreement, you are no longer allowed to sell on our site"

Those are the reasons people that complain say that "Amazon closed my account for no reason". Those are also the reasons you never see any lawsuits go anywhere. You can't sue them for protecting their brand and the rights owners of counterfeited merchandise. Too bad, so sad.

I think this is a common SOP for Amazon, suspending seller accounts with no clear cut specific explanation and then holding money in your account for 90 days. We should boycott amazon!

Amazon must had a reason to suspend your account. You do make money for them as 15% commission. I believe you forget to tell us what is your problem with Amazon.

They have suspended another seller account for no reason and are withholding our money for 90 days. They are up to something dirty.

i understand you pain, i am currently in the same boat as you, well not entirely, but my account is under review and i'm afraid that i will be out of business soon :cry

View more comments (12)
Review
#209458 Review #209458 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Amazon Account
Loss

Amazon Customer Service Sucks

First off, I have never written anything about any company before. But Amazon really pissed me off with this one! I ordered some books (5-6) from Amazon.com last December. When I finally had the chance to read one of them, a sticker containing a code for the publishers website was missing. The whole point of the book is to go to the website for a personal test. I called Amazon and asked for a new book. They said that since 30 days had passed, it was my problem. How was I supposed to know that tucked in the middle of this book, my code was missing before I read the book? Since I had ordered so many, I could only read so many in 30 days. I buy about $2000 in books a year. Not one will ever be purchased from Amazon again. Amazon has lost my business forever, and yes I am going to tell everyone they suck!
#195714

Amazon force the merchants to return for 45days! and in reality for 2 month since a customer can always threaten for bad feedback, yet they care less themselves since no one can leave bad feedback on them!

#193347

I can't remember my passwoed for my brand new Kindel. HELP!!

View more comments (1)