Verified Reviewer

I ordered a gazebo from Amazon that was over $1,000. They charged me right away; but after getting numerous notifications that they were to deliver, they never did.

For each time they said they were going to deliver, I had to stay home from work....approximately six times. They gave me the hours of 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. each time.

I finally cancelled that order.

Amazon talked me into reordering. They charged me again without cancelling the first amount. I had to open a dispute with my credit card company. I spent over a month going through the same thing.

So I finally canceled the second order.

I decided to order from a different company that delivered the product within two weeks. In the meantime, I started getting notices from Amazon that they were going to deliver the gazebo. Again, I spent many hours on the phone trying to get that order cancelled. And Amazon still had my money.

They said that they wouldn't return my money until I returned the item which at that time I had never received.

The delivery company kept sending me notices that they were going to deliver. That didn't happen until one day this almost 300 lb package was left in my driveway. I had to practically beg them after numerous phone calls to get this dangerous, in- the-way item away from my house. Again, they kept promising to pick up the item but never showed.

It wasn't until approximately 4 months into this whole Fiasco that they finally picked it up and refunded my money.

I must have spent at least a hundred hours on the phone waiting, being put on hold, being transferred from one place to another, being hung up on, getting cut off, treated rudely, lied to, being put on hold and never returned, what a nightmare.

Many Amazon workers have heavy accents and don't seem to know the first thing about customer service. I promise you the moon and then you never hear from them again.

Bottom line, I will NEVER buy any large item from Amazon again.!!!!

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY LARGE ITEMS FROM AMAZON.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Amazon Cons: Complained often no resolution hard to get management live.

Comments