Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.5

Update by user Mar 15, 2022

My account was unlocked after the issue was escalated to their account specialist..

Original review posted by user Mar 13, 2022

I received an email from Amazon that provided a link

https:www.Amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

This brought me directly to the log in screen. I attempted to log in again and received the same message that my account was locked.

I also attempted to call Amazons customer service line but I could only speak to a robot armed with few responses. Although I requested to speak to a human being, the robot did not understand my request. I believe this locking was done because I used my home computer to initiate a 2 step verification system and have email on my cell. Perhaps the mismatch of IP addresses was the cause of the confusion.

I confess that Amazon sent me an email stating another device was used should I approve or deny but I did not read it timely because I went on vacation. By the time I read it, the link had expired.I still am in the same boat and still need help getting my account unlocked.

User's recommendation: Don’t use 2 devices when dealing with Amazon.

Preferred solution: Get my account unlocked .

Amazon Pros: Prime is fast, Wide variety.

Amazon Cons: Inability to interface with customer with problems.

Comments