Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 05, 2022

Last night after my last review update I checked my email again. Amazon Pay sent me an email requesting a billing statement with personal details included.

I'd already sent the required information in previous emails. I sent them again. They included all of the requested information. I woke up this morning and found Amazon Pay is going to close my accounts.

This is what they said:Hello,After reviewing your account and the information you have provided, we have determined that it is necessary to close your account. Any pending orders have been canceled.

This decision was made because we could not verify your payment method.We may not reply to further emails about this issue.Account SpecialistAmazon Payhttps://www.amazon.com https://payments.amazon.com =========================At no time in the past 4 days has Amazon Pay expressed what the problem was with the information I had sent. Had they done so, I would have been able to cooperate in a more constructive way.

Update by user Jan 05, 2022

Each time I try to sign in I get a message asking me to wait for an email or text message. 48 hours ago I got a message from Amazon Pay asking to verify ownership of my recently used Mastercard by supplying a billing statement with my personal details included. I did that ..havent heard back from them and every other attempt I've made to initiate correspondence with Amazon customer service has only resulted in a series of "no reply" emails.I've received no email or text message from a member of Amazon Pay or Amazon customer service with an employee's name and request for further communication throughout.

Update by user Jan 05, 2022

Just sent this review off to Amazon and went to check my email.********************************************************************************I received this message:Thanks for reaching out to Amazon! This is not a monitored emailaddress.

You won't receive a response to your message.If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Amazon CustomerService directly. You can reach them here:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.htmlP.S. You received this message because Amazon.com received the followingmessage:Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 14:45:05 +0000From: Pissed Consumer To: support@***.comSubject: Issue from David Sakker: Locked out of my Comixology and Amazon accounts********************************************************************************I'm assuming this, yet another, "no reply" email was a machine generated response.Clearly, they didn't read the review.

If they had, they'd know I'm unable to access the Amazon website customer service because I've been locked out of my account and advising me to do so would be counterproductive.I did use the link on the off chance they had actually given me some usable information. No success ...still locked out.

Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2022

To Amazon Customer Service:

I sent this message about 25 minutes ago to cs-reply@***.com.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Hello,

I am locked out of both Amazon and Comixology by Amazon Pay.

Amazon Pay provided no reason for the closure of my accounts beyond the vague reason of unusual activity on the account. The only unusual activity has been that I had made my first purchase through Amazon Pay since the merging of my Comixology sign in with Amazon (as had been requested).

I have been a long term customer of Comixology and made an extraordinary number of purchase over the years.

I have never had billing issues before until the Amazon merging. I dislike this cavalier attitude displayed by Amazon Pay. They could have quite easily locked payments, or similar limit on my accounts, without locking out both accounts completely. I would still have access to my purchases and been more appreciative of your security concerns.

Additionally, I would have had access to the regular customer service channels available within Amazon to better resolve any issues.

Amazon Pay has asked that I supply a recent billing statement with appropriate details to verify my ownership of the Mastercard used during my last purchase. I have done so to the best of my ability. In fact, I have replied with those details three times in the last 24 hours without any response from Amazon Pay. All of their emails to me appear to be machine generated.

I have no faith that any action is being taken to rectify the problem. In the meantime, I have no access to any of my previous purchases on Comixology, ...thousands of dollars worth!

I need assistance and I dont know what to do next.

Can you please help?

I look forward to a swift reply.

Yours sincerely,

David Sakker

In response I got a machine generated reply:

Hello,

We have temporarily placed your Amazon account on hold and canceled any pending orders or subscriptions because we detected unusual activity on it.

To restore access to your account, sign in and follow on-screen instructions. Once you have provided the required information, we will review it and respond within 24 hours.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Account Specialist

Amazon.com

I replied:

I just received this email from no-reply@***.com asking me to sign in to my Amazon account that I am locked out of.

There is no possible way for me to be able to do this until my account is unlocked. Im unable to tell the sender this because its a no reply email.

To which, I received another machine generated reply:

Hello,

To restore access to your account, sign in and follow on-screen instructions.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Account Specialist

Amazon.com

I am locked out of my Comixology and Amazon accounts. I cannot access the built in customer service options without being able to sign in to my account.

I have provided proof of ownership of the Mastercard used in my last transaction. I have spent the last 48 hours attempting to contact Amazon customer service without any success.

I am genuinely hoping that this email will be read by a real person and we can start moving forward to a resolution.

Please reply swiftly.

David Sakker

Preferred solution: An apology would be appreciated, however I just want access to my previously purchased items. If I can no longer access them, then I'll need to be compensated for the full value of each item. .

Amazon Cons: Inflexible machine generated customer service, No access to live person customer srvice, Amazon pay given too much authority over account services, No oversight on amazon pay, Kneejerk overkill responses on the flimsiest of reasons.

Location: Los Angeles, California