Verified Reviewer

4.2

Update by user Mar 22, 2021

It is now 22 March (2021) and I have not heard a thing from Amazon about my complaint.

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2021

I ordered an Aroma Housewares rice cooker/multicooker (ARC-5200SB), which we were very much looking forward to. The item was eligible for shipping to the Netherlands, where I live, and shipping and Import Fees Deposit to the Netherlands were all handled smoothly by Aamzon.

The item arrived in just 6 six days.

So far so good.

However, the product does not appear to be suitable for the Dutch/European market (230 V/50 Hz), as it is only for 120 V/60 Hz. So unfortunately I had no choice but to return it, which I did the same day.

My complaint: Why is it this product/any product eligible for shipping to the Netherlands (or Germany, Spain, Belgium, UK etc.) does not clearly and explicitly state whether or not it is suitable for the European market, that is for European voltage and frequency?

This could save a lot of time, expense and frustration!

User's recommendation: Never assume that an electrical appliance offered on amazon.com is suitable for the European market. Double check!

Preferred solution: In the product information of electrical appliances that are eligible for international shipping, clearly and explicitly state whether the product is suitable (voltage/frequency) for the country to which it is being shipped. .

Comments