Verified Reviewer

I bought a SSD from Amazon which was features prominently. I onlyl used it a month and it crashed.

I thought I lost all of my photos of my recent 6 weeks in Africa. I was totally distraught. I called Amazon about it and the person gave me a refund of the cost and asked if there was anything else they could do to make it right as I was almost to tears over this loss. I said I was going to see if a data recovery company can retrieve my photos.

I was in luck they did. I was so happy, however it cost me $382. I called back to see if I could get Amazon to reimburse since it's their platform that this garbage is being sold. They then told me they can't help me and I need to take it up with the company.

They are a Chinese company. Do you think they give me money for this? Absolutely not. They have no incentive as Amazon does not care because they make money for selling this garbage.

I am pretty pissed at how cavalier they are. After I bought it, I notice a lot of complaints about this SSD that it gets hot and other faulty problems.

I have been a loyal customer and a prime member for many years. I should have been treated better.

User's recommendation: be very careful what you buy on amazon. Stay away from unknown brands even if it showcased on Amazon.

Preferred solution: paid my cost of having to hire a data retrieve company to get my files from a defective SSD that I only used for a month! .

Amazon Pros: Amazon is convenien.

Comments