In September 2018, my fingerprint was no longer recognized my my Amazon app on my iphone. I tried logging in with my e-mail and password and was told it was incorrect.

I tried to reset my password and never got the link in my e-mail. I e-mailed customer service several times, heard nothing. I called customer service and explained to them that I lost access to my account despite the fact that not only have I NOT changed my password, but I most certainly didn't change my damn fingerprint. They told me they couldn't access the account for me because I had enabled two-step verification, which I DID NOT do.

The idiot customer service rep could only tell me that she would send me a link to reset my password, which of course I never got. I called again, got more of the same answer. I called a third time and requested to cancel my account because they are charging me for monthly service I can't even access. Apparently, they need to e-mail you a link to cancel your account, an e-mail I never got and I could not get anyone I spoke to to understand this.

They literally just ignore you and spout the same bull over and over again, all the while they were still charging my credit card. It so happens that the card I used to sign up with got canceled by Chase due to suspected fraud and I got a new card number. I had no idea that Amazon could charge this new card, but they got this new number and continued charging it. I finally had to resort to having Chase block Amazon from charging the card since Amazon refused to help me in any way, shape, or form.

Unfortunately, I am still fighting to get my money back from when Amazon charged me for services I couldn't use. I suspect that my Amazon account was hacked, and apparently Amazon has no way to resolve this type of issue, which is horrific. How does a company as massive as Amazon NOT have a way to protect its customers from fraud?

Needless to say, everyone I know has stopped using Amazon because of my experience because this could happen to anyone and Amazon does not care one bit. They are happy to steal your money for nothing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Reason of review: Charged for services I could not access, Amazon refused to help me recover my account.

Amazon Cons: Being charged for services i could not access.

Comments