I purchased a very expensive Jeep computer programmer (Superchips Flashpaq 3872) and it was very disappointing! It did not take in to account my gear ratio, tire size, engine upgrades or exhaust changes when tuning my vehicle.

It only had a "Mileage" setting or a "Performance" setting, neither of which did as advertised. When I contacted the seller (Aftermarket Suppliers), they made me pay for return shipping ($10) and charged a 20% "Restocking Fee" ($65) because I had it for longer than 30 days from the date of purchase. The only way to know the Flashpaq 3872 doesn't help to improve gas mileage or performance is to drive the vehicle over time and repeatedly calculate how many miles you get out of each tank of gas. This can easily take longer than 30 days to accomplish.

I contacted Amazon to try and help with this ridiculous $65 "Restocking Fee" for an item that weighs less than 1 pound and was in new condition with all original packaging, but they did not care that one of their vendors was ripping-off a customer.

So my family and I will be spending our money elsewhere from now on. And now I know why I had to go to an external website just to find an Amazon Customer Service Phone #...

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Customer Care.

• Aftermarket Suppliers

Comments

Going to play devil's advocate here - you bought from a third party - amazon simply facilitated the transaction.

The seller sent you the item - in the condition you expected - and fulfilled their duty as a vendor.

It was only until you received the item that you were dissatisfied. Amazon is EXTREMELY forgiving in this respect - because they themselves can afford to take the brunt of these losses.

Unfortunately for you - they are not interested in hurting their third parties, who cannot eat thousands of dollars in losses on returns.

With that said - I think you could have done more homework. It sounds like you purchased an item you weren't intimately familiar with. Maybe you should try downloading the user manual before your next purchase.

False advertising is of course, terrible - and Amazon should have been receptive to that. But on the other hand, I think you share in the responsibility for the situation.