22.5K views

As I am a first time customer with Amazon I got online, I found what I was looking for so I ordered the product, the rep talked me into a 2 day delivery. I said no I am not in a hurry, so then he tells me it was something they did for first time customers.

Based on his assurance that they did this for all the new customers I chose that option. THIS MAN LIED TO ME !! Now I see what he DID NOT TELL ME was the fact that they would use my debit card to charge me without my consent or knowledge for this " Prime Account ". I WAS NOT TOLD THAT THIS CHARGE WOULD HAPPEN AND IF THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST AND NOT DECEITFUL I would have canceled their Prime B.S.

Account right away!!!!!!

Now I have been in business myself for 30 years, I HAVE NEVER DECEIVED ANYONE in all my deals and transactions !! I am not an *** or inattentive when it any business or purchases. The action of Amazon.com taking the $ 99.00 for their " Prime Account ' out of my bank account without my knowledge or consent or notifying me caused my account to over draft. I don't have money due to the fact that I am on Worker's Comp.

disability. I got hurt in another huge company's vehicle. HEY Jeff Bezo IS THIS HOW YOU DO BIZ WITH ANY AND ALL CUSTOMERS ?!! Do you always TAKE ADVANTAGE of your new customers, especially disabled people ?!!

So today I find out about this at my bank. I could not cash my check due to this over draft. I come home, get online go to my Amazon account, open it up and what do you know THERE IS NO CONTACT INFORMATION on Amazon's website. On Amazon's website why do they post no email or phone contact info.

Is this done on purpose? HMMMMMMMM! I have been Decieved!! JEFF BEZO you had better get me contact info to get this $ 99.00 plus the over draft fees refunded.

IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE BY YOU OR YOUR COMPANY IN 7 BUSINESS DAYS, IT'S OFF TO MY LAWYER'S OFFICE, THEN My next stop is the United States Federal Justice Department and the office for Disabled People.

Oh by the way its a crime to deceive Disabled People and this transaction was over state lines. Where do we go from here JEFF ??????

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida

Comments

same thing just happen to me. luckily our bank was kind enough to reverse the charges.

will NEVER use amazon again. We should all take the time to file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

I just had the same thing happen to me. All of a sudden $99.00 appeared on my card.

I am furious and am cancelling my account with Amazon.

I did not give them permission to charge this to my account. This tells me everything I need to know about Amazon!!

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE AND CANCELLED AS SOON AS I SAW THE CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD WHICH WAS 2 DAYS LATER. I COULDN'T FIND ANY PHONE NUMBER THAT WORKS AS I AM OUT OF USA, BUT I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM THEM SAYING THEY WILL REFUND, I HOPE IT IS TRUE AND THAT FORTUNATELY I WILL BE QUICKLY REFUNDED.

Hello from Amazon.com,

As you requested, we've canceled your Amazon Prime membership.

Since you have not used your Amazon Prime benefits, we are refunding $99.00 which includes full membership fee and any applicable fees and taxes.

Your refund should be processed within the next 2-3 business days and will appear as a credit on your card's next billing statement.

If your latest membership charge is still processing, we'll issue the refund as soon as the charge is completed.

If you'd like to join Amazon Prime again, start a paid membership by signing-up during checkout or visiting the Amazon Prime page: http://www.amazon.com/prime

Thank you for trying Amazon Prime and shopping at Amazon.com. Best regards, Amazon.com Customer Service

I am a prime member and my membership is not due until May. On January 19, 2015, my bank account was charged 99 for membership!

I contacted them twice. First time I was told that the matter was sent to billing for a refund. Checked again and six days later, no refund, so I called back. This time I was told that there was no charges shown and that it really is not their problem.

It is my responsibility to call my bank. So, I said that someone must be stealing from people using Amazon Prime Membership to do so, and even taking the exact membership cost, and there is nothing you can do other than tell me to contact my bank! Yes is what I was told.

Don't even get me started on the fact that the customer service agent spoke broken English and I had to explain myself more than twice!!! Grrrrrr

same exact thing happen to me...99.00 bucks from my bank account

As long as you haven't used the Prime account you can unsubscribe and be refunded the $100

Yep. Those effin' b-tards did it to me too (29 Dec).

Had my wife not asked what the charge was for, they would have gotten away with ripping me off. There's probably tens of thousands of people who never caught on, just paid the bill when it came due.

I got hit with this too. I never consented to anything.

It was probably some hidden trickery checkbox somewhere. Either way, I caught it 3 months in, because I got a letter saying I wasn't using my Prime Exclusive Netflix or something.

I threw the letter out, cancelled my subscription, and was refunded my money automatically. It should be noted (for whatever it's worth) that I never used my Prime account since the date that I was tricked into getting it.

I was also charged for this Prime membership on the very same day (May 15th) I had only 1 order which was a month earlier. Someone needs to start asking the questions and see how many others have been charged without their consent.

I called Amazon after reviewing my bank statement and noticing the $99.00 charge to my checking account.

This is unacceptable and Amazon needs to be held accountable for their actions. Any class action lawyers out there willing to look into this?

@PissedConsumer871181

Same thing happened to me, my bank account was charged $104.94 for Prime Membership that I knew nothing about and did not authorize it. I discovered it immediately and called my bank and they give me an amazon phone # to call, which I did.

I was very upset and told them to refund immediately, which they did. I am very disappointed that amazon would do this because I really thought that they were a reputable business. This could have caused an overdraft and cost me money that I do not have.

I bank on line and usually check my bank balance daily, but how about the people that do not and rely on bank statement that they sometimes don't get around to look at them. I will continue my relationship with amazon, but as I said very very disappointed with this company.

Same thing happened to me. Prime customer for 1 year.

They automatically debited my account 99 dollars for renewal without any notice or consent from me. This is a shameful and deceptive business practice.

I am done with all things amazon and threw my kindle in the garbage. *** Bezos!

@PissedConsumer855544

If you were already an Amazon Prime member, than you gave your consent when you signed up for the service. Automatic renewal is part of the terms & conditions.

Reading those terms & conditions is your responsibility.

...and to throw something in the garbage which you've already paid for only inconveniences yourself.

@PissedConsumer899612

being legal doesn't mean it's not a deceptive exploitative shady practice by a typical ruthless big corporation. for new members the prime sign-up comes up almost automatically. you have to opt-out instead of opt-in...so it's typical unethical trickery.

I was also charged 99.00 and never EVER had Amazon Prime!

Call Amazon customer service at 866-216-****

If you haven't used your prime membership they will happily refund you in full, no questions asked.

Also the reason Amazon does not post contact information on their site is because most of the things a Customer Service representitive can do to help can be done on the customers end thought their account.

If you cant reach them on the phone number I provided please try from this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

I hope this helps!

@PissedConsumer826525

I cancelled the prime free trial 5 days before its end. They charged my account anyways saying the cancellation didn't go through.

I've since been waiting for the refund to my account after calling and complaining.

. I guess we'll see what happens.