22.5K views

As I am a first time customer with Amazon I got online, I found what I was looking for so I ordered the product, the rep talked me into a 2 day delivery. I said no I am not in a hurry, so then he tells me it was something they did for first time customers.

Based on his assurance that they did this for all the new customers I chose that option. THIS MAN LIED TO ME !! Now I see what he DID NOT TELL ME was the fact that they would use my debit card to charge me without my consent or knowledge for this " Prime Account ". I WAS NOT TOLD THAT THIS CHARGE WOULD HAPPEN AND IF THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST AND NOT DECEITFUL I would have canceled their Prime B.S.

Account right away!!!!!!

Now I have been in business myself for 30 years, I HAVE NEVER DECEIVED ANYONE in all my deals and transactions !! I am not an *** or inattentive when it any business or purchases. The action of Amazon.com taking the $ 99.00 for their " Prime Account ' out of my bank account without my knowledge or consent or notifying me caused my account to over draft. I don't have money due to the fact that I am on Worker's Comp.

disability. I got hurt in another huge company's vehicle. HEY Jeff Bezo IS THIS HOW YOU DO BIZ WITH ANY AND ALL CUSTOMERS ?!! Do you always TAKE ADVANTAGE of your new customers, especially disabled people ?!!

So today I find out about this at my bank. I could not cash my check due to this over draft. I come home, get online go to my Amazon account, open it up and what do you know THERE IS NO CONTACT INFORMATION on Amazon's website. On Amazon's website why do they post no email or phone contact info.

Is this done on purpose? HMMMMMMMM! I have been Decieved!! JEFF BEZO you had better get me contact info to get this $ 99.00 plus the over draft fees refunded.

IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE BY YOU OR YOUR COMPANY IN 7 BUSINESS DAYS, IT'S OFF TO MY LAWYER'S OFFICE, THEN My next stop is the United States Federal Justice Department and the office for Disabled People.

Oh by the way its a crime to deceive Disabled People and this transaction was over state lines. Where do we go from here JEFF ??????

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida

Comments

This just happened to me also and I am really mad. I do not like that I was not notified until I check my bank account.Totally uncalled for. Jeff Bezos don't you have enough that you have to scam customers.

This happened to me too just recently. We should open a class action lawsuit!!!

My story is even worse. I did not order free trial, I just purchased blander discovered charges for Amazon Prime two days later on my credit card.

There was neither receipt for the charges or email This is fraud and they do it intentionally. Very disappointed with Amazon.

has anyone gotten their $99 back?

@PissedConsumer1008339

you can! check your account and and cancel the Amazon prime member than you can refund.

cuz i did. wish you good luck.

@PissedConsumer1035300

I did but the *** charged me another 99 bucks 2 hrs later for rejoining a membership of prime and this time I know I ordered nothing in those two hours nor did I click the rejoin prime button sonow I'm waiting on my 99 dollar credit.. and make sure u remove all card info on your payment management list or they'll bill again smh

@PissedConsumer1088852

The same exact thing happened to me! I canceled, was refunded and then almost immediately charged the Prime fee again on my card when I didn't order anything, or rejoin Prime.

I contacted customer service online and they claim it will be refunded in 2-5 days. It really *** me off knowing that they do this to so many people and makes me wary or ever ordering for them ever again!

@PissedConsumer1008339

i got my 99 back. now there tying again to rip me off again

Same thing happened to me as well. I only signed up for the 30-day free trial. I was NOT told that they would automatically charge me $99 for a full year membership after the trial period was up.

@PissedConsumer999456

That is BS! You are told if you don't cancel, you will be charged! I just signed up for the 30 day trial and it tells you plain as day in the sign up process that you will be charged if you don't cancel!

@PissedConsumer1016595

I also did NOT sign up for prime but did cancel a couple days later. WHY DID THEY SIGN ME UP IS THE QUESTION???? NOT MY DECISION!!!!!

Call and talk with the manager and tell them to listen to their recorded conversation. I had to that with DirectTV.

It worked and I didn't have to pay the $500 disconnect fee.

Took a lot of *** raising and phone calls and emails and 3 months of it but, didn't pay a dime. Good luck!

I honestly was charged $99.00 for the BS Amazon Prime...no email confirmation but saw it taken out of my checking acct. Cancelled immediately and expecting full refund

#991986

Same happen to me

The same thing happened to me, I was charged for amazon prime randomly. I did not have a free trial.

I cancelled and got an email saying I would be refunded and 30 mintues later I got another email thanking me for ordering prime. In all I was charged 4 times in one day for prime.

Customer service said it was strange and didn't know what was going on and removed my payment info from my account so I wouldn't keep getting charged. They were quick about refunding me though, it took about 12 hours.

Just happened to me also, asked to cancel said I would get a refund we shall see what happens.. Has anyone actually got their refund through Amazon and not their bank?

I had this same thing happen and I was so perplexed to see the charge of $99 charged on my credit card account. I signed up for a free 30 day trial which would have ended on April 18, 2015.

I called on April 17, 2015 to state that I wanted to cancel the trial and that I was not interested in prime at the current time.

I received an email saying:

"I've set your Prime membership to 'Do Not Renew.' That way, you will not be charged for Prime automatically. You can continue to enjoy Prime benefits for the remainder of your membership which expires on April 18, 2015."

I checked to make sure that the subscription did not renew and I was not charged. Then today April 25, 2015 I get an email with the title that read "Amazon Prime Membership Confirmation." I was shocked.

I had not made an order of any kind nor had I authorized the charge for my bank account. The only thing I did was leave a product review on the Amazon site today. I immediately called customer service and they cancelled the membership and said I should be receiving a refund of my $99 dollars in 2 to 3 business days. I'll be keeping a close eye on my bank account to make sure that I am refunded.

I'm really not sure why I was still charged even though I cancelled the trial before the trial period ended. I also had "Do Not Renew" on my Amazon account. I haven't really had problems with Amazon before and this incident definitely opened my eyes.

I'm removing my card information. I don't want to have a mysterious charge a few months from now which according to the customer service rep, he'd be more than happy to fix if they issue arises again.

Same thing happened to me, I signed up for the 30 day free trial of prime on Feb 19, 2015, then I canceled the membership before I would be billed for a full year membership on March 22, 2015. Then on April 20, 2015, I received an email saying welcome to Amazon Prime and I noticed that my credit card had been charged $99 for prime membership.

I did not sign up for prime and I did not accidentally click or unclick a box to sign up for prime on my most recent amazon order (I checked and there was no option to click to sign up for prime when I simulated the order again). Now either amazon is doing some shady stuff, which is what I am leaning towards, OR my 14 month old son got ahold of the Roku remote at home when mommy was watching him, clicked over to the amazon instant video channel, clicked over to sign up for prime, then input the exact numerical code to purchase something on the roku and clicked through the steps to sign up for prime by himself. I noticed the charge and quickly cancelled the membership and called customer service.

Luckily I should receive a full refund. I WILL NOT be storing any payment information on the amazon webisite due to this occurrance.

...You had a whole year to check your prime membership by going on the "Your Account" page. It states when and how much you will be charged. The way I see it this was a case of bad timing combined with lack of preparation on your end.

Same problem, caught the charge three months later on my daughter's college credit card because she originally ordered some books on my account. Think she checked the free-shipping box for a trial membership on Amazon Prime thinking she would cancel when they notified us at the end of the trial, but never did.

Don't remember receiving any notice so guess it automatically went into effect. So this morning I called Amazon customer service at 866-216-**** and spoke with a customer service representative. I don't believe we ever used the service but this is the email response I got:

Hello from Amazon.com,

As you requested, we've canceled your Amazon Prime membership.

Since you only used your Amazon Prime benefits on a few items **(does not list the items)**, you will receive a prorated refund of $66.33 for the remainder of your membership. Your refund should be processed within the next 2-3 business days and will appear as a credit on your card's next billing statement.

If your latest membership charge is still processing, we'll issue the refund as soon as the charge is completed.

If you'd like to join Amazon Prime again, start a paid membership by signing-up during checkout or visiting the Amazon Prime page: http://www.amazon.com/prime

Thank you for trying Amazon Prime and shopping at Amazon.com. Best regards, Amazon.com Customer Service Don't think we ever used the service. Will monitor the account to make sure it goes through. BTW, I don't know if Amazon was being dishonest or deceitful, but I don't remember receiving any notice Amazon Prime was converting from a free trial to a paid subscription, and did I wish to continue.

But if they did I missed it. Would be nice to hear from Amazon Prime what their practice is.