22.5K views

As I am a first time customer with Amazon I got online, I found what I was looking for so I ordered the product, the rep talked me into a 2 day delivery. I said no I am not in a hurry, so then he tells me it was something they did for first time customers.

Based on his assurance that they did this for all the new customers I chose that option. THIS MAN LIED TO ME !! Now I see what he DID NOT TELL ME was the fact that they would use my debit card to charge me without my consent or knowledge for this " Prime Account ". I WAS NOT TOLD THAT THIS CHARGE WOULD HAPPEN AND IF THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST AND NOT DECEITFUL I would have canceled their Prime B.S.

Account right away!!!!!!

Now I have been in business myself for 30 years, I HAVE NEVER DECEIVED ANYONE in all my deals and transactions !! I am not an *** or inattentive when it any business or purchases. The action of Amazon.com taking the $ 99.00 for their " Prime Account ' out of my bank account without my knowledge or consent or notifying me caused my account to over draft. I don't have money due to the fact that I am on Worker's Comp.

disability. I got hurt in another huge company's vehicle. HEY Jeff Bezo IS THIS HOW YOU DO BIZ WITH ANY AND ALL CUSTOMERS ?!! Do you always TAKE ADVANTAGE of your new customers, especially disabled people ?!!

So today I find out about this at my bank. I could not cash my check due to this over draft. I come home, get online go to my Amazon account, open it up and what do you know THERE IS NO CONTACT INFORMATION on Amazon's website. On Amazon's website why do they post no email or phone contact info.

Is this done on purpose? HMMMMMMMM! I have been Decieved!! JEFF BEZO you had better get me contact info to get this $ 99.00 plus the over draft fees refunded.

IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE BY YOU OR YOUR COMPANY IN 7 BUSINESS DAYS, IT'S OFF TO MY LAWYER'S OFFICE, THEN My next stop is the United States Federal Justice Department and the office for Disabled People.

Oh by the way its a crime to deceive Disabled People and this transaction was over state lines. Where do we go from here JEFF ??????

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida

Comments

@PissedConsumer1305144

I was one of the fortunate ones that read the fine print and didn't click on the barely readable little tiny box under the bigger box when I placed my order. I knew that by clicking on the bigger box I wasn't joining Prime.

My issue was something else. It's called "double billing". They sent me an unasked for Amazon store credit card worth $600.00 when they realized that my Mastercard on file was no longer valid because I had locked it. Effectively making it useless.

I ordered the same Mastercard but with a different number. My Amazon Store Credit Card shows still valid but I shredded it.

It also forced a "hit" in my credit report. I deleted the app from my phone and Experian wouldn't remove it even though I never opened it.

this happen to me too i did not order anything from amazon i was just looking for items and prices untile i saw my account withdraw 105.00 dollars i called them and say why they withdraw my account i never said i would like to have prime what a rip off so they gave me my money back

jus checked my account I have new job and was checking my acct when I noticed a pending amazon prime charge of 106.92 which of course is unauthorized on top of that they charged me for a whole season of a show that I haven't watched nor wanted to watch

@PissedConsumer1297719

You signed up! Don't click yes to terms and conditions if you DONT agree with something. Not only that if people would read their Email they would not claim to be a victim

#1711985
@PissedConsumer1297719

This was on our News about Amazon ripping off the customer with these prime crap.

I used my card to order things last month and just got a txt saying they took a 99 dollar charge out for prime have no idea y what can i do to get it back

I ordered a book one month and the next month was charged for Prime that I did not order. Canceled my card as stolen and will be getting a new one.

The only thing I can figure is that the book I ordered had a little Prime logo by it in the description square. I FEEL THIS IS A TRICK BY THEM!!

These people belong in jail....

Let's all sue them!! Is there attorney out there who's willing to take a class action suit against them?aalaall in 100%

@PissedConsumer1278240

Call the attorney generals office and file a report on them! 1-80*-***-****. If more people did this they would not get away with stuff like this!

That also happened on me. They charged me $99.99 to my debit card.

I found it after a year...... They even still place the prime membership ad on their website at the same place in order to sneak prime subscription!

Amazon just took $105.93 out of my bank account again. They took my annual membership fee of 105.93 back in February.

Why are they taking out this amount again in October.

This is a ripoff and I want my money back. Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

I received two unauthorized charges from Amazon.

#1204890

I called Amazon and told them. They gave me a return and a yr free

#1199936

holy *** dude

'they stole from me because they knew i was disabled so now i'm going to find a lawyer and get my money back'

that doesn't sound hasty and retarded at all

like yeah part of it's their fault for not letting you know but it's also yours for just clicking *** without reading it carefully mr. i've been in the business 30 years

#1198469

Just happened to me. If the business "contract"/transaction relies on deception and consumer is unaware of the "deal", it's a freakin scam. Amazing what large corporations are willing to do to make money.

#1198306

In order to not have amazon steal your money I would suggest buying custom gift cards with the amount you need to buy a product. This stops amazon from withdrawing from your cc.

Same thing happened to me, I canceled the membership, but I am still pissed and not doing business with a shady company like Amazon.

"the rep talked me into a 2 day delivery" so you had to have talked to someone at some point. Now you complain that you can't find a phone number?

I found one when I searched the site, very easily. I was charged an extra $99 by accident and called them. Poof, taken care of, same day, one call.

BTW threats on Pissed Consumer site really have very little to do with Amazon. I really doubt they scour these sites.

ME TOO!!! My son got a 'Kindle Fire' for xmas 2 years ago, and I logged on to my Facebook account to hook him up to a game.

The next day I was at the grocery store, and when I swiped my card, it said "Funds not Available". I immediately called my bank, and they said Amazon took $99 out of my account for 1 year of Amazon Prime. I called Amazon and cancelled, but it's a good thing I caught it, or they would have gotten me. You only have a few days to cancel or it's a done deal.

All because I logged onto the device with my email address! My bank is linked with my Paypal account, which is linked to my email address. I had to change everything, even my account # so no one could *** me (again).

They are banking on people that don't immediately notice their funds are missing. BEWARE!!!

@PissedConsumer1140669

how to call amazon for refund any idea