21.4K views

As I am a first time customer with Amazon I got online, I found what I was looking for so I ordered the product, the rep talked me into a 2 day delivery. I said no I am not in a hurry, so then he tells me it was something they did for first time customers.

Based on his assurance that they did this for all the new customers I chose that option. THIS MAN LIED TO ME !! Now I see what he DID NOT TELL ME was the fact that they would use my debit card to charge me without my consent or knowledge for this " Prime Account ". I WAS NOT TOLD THAT THIS CHARGE WOULD HAPPEN AND IF THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST AND NOT DECEITFUL I would have canceled their Prime B.S.

Account right away!!!!!!

Now I have been in business myself for 30 years, I HAVE NEVER DECEIVED ANYONE in all my deals and transactions !! I am not an *** or inattentive when it any business or purchases. The action of Amazon.com taking the $ 99.00 for their " Prime Account ' out of my bank account without my knowledge or consent or notifying me caused my account to over draft. I don't have money due to the fact that I am on Worker's Comp.

disability. I got hurt in another huge company's vehicle. HEY Jeff Bezo IS THIS HOW YOU DO BIZ WITH ANY AND ALL CUSTOMERS ?!! Do you always TAKE ADVANTAGE of your new customers, especially disabled people ?!!

So today I find out about this at my bank. I could not cash my check due to this over draft. I come home, get online go to my Amazon account, open it up and what do you know THERE IS NO CONTACT INFORMATION on Amazon's website. On Amazon's website why do they post no email or phone contact info.

Is this done on purpose? HMMMMMMMM! I have been Decieved!! JEFF BEZO you had better get me contact info to get this $ 99.00 plus the over draft fees refunded.

IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE BY YOU OR YOUR COMPANY IN 7 BUSINESS DAYS, IT'S OFF TO MY LAWYER'S OFFICE, THEN My next stop is the United States Federal Justice Department and the office for Disabled People.

Oh by the way its a crime to deceive Disabled People and this transaction was over state lines. Where do we go from here JEFF ??????

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida

Comments

#2048177

Amazon in a phone call told me they couldn’t find an account in my name but they have been taking money out of my bank account using my debit card for months, I now have a new debit card and I would like to be reimbursed the money they have taken out without my consent since they say I don’t have an account

#2013468

Amazon has a history of duping Prime customers. I prefer to save my $ and use their Amazon Smile service where a percent of my $ goes to a charity that I designated.

#2004669

I can believe it. Amazon.com is a very BAD company. Their Website is horrible, their customer service is very BAD, their prices are double than prices in eBay.

#1998675

+1() - Amazon customer service support.

BEWARE! SCAMMER PHONE NUMBER(s) in comments. Do NOT let them remote access your computer!

oh yea..now it seems like that every time you even go to the damn site you get put on amazon prime automatically. they told me they don't do that, but twice now in 2 months they have with me.

I will never look at this site again. I have ordered 3 things and disappointed on all 3. Since they where all shirts, I washed them before wearing and all 3 fell apart at seams.

Will never order again. Back to the store for me.

you are not alone no one asked me either so they bill me each month

amazon is running a scam.

They did the same to my husband without him knowing it and he called. Them and report it and went to the bank also to stop it I hate amazon

Welcome to the club!!

Same thing happened here with me

I was an Amazon Prime member for over a year when my password stopped working. I had difficulty creating a new password (Amazon was supposed to send a confirmation which never arrived) so I placed a call.

I talked with someone with a rudimentary knowledge of English who I could not understand. I was transferred to an English speaking representative who was rude and condescending. He had my name, my address, my phone number, my email address and my credit card number but continued to quiz me with insignificant questions. I told him to just cancel my account.

I will add Netflix and Britbox to my TV viewing and not shop Amazon anymore. I don't need them.

I am waiting for my refund from Amazon/Al Divine Computers. And BBB.com do not care for other people and follow places like Consumer Affairs in New Jersey.

@RedX66

They also Blocked me in Messenger and BBB block me in Messenger, too

I am Linda John from Arizona. I do work for so many digital apps and exchanging digital currency. , Amazon Prime Refund Policy is very easy to get more help call on Toll Free Number +1-85*-***-**** https://www.optcustomerservice.com/amazon-customer-service-number.html

#2077169
@lindajohn

That website is not encrypted. It should be .html with an "S" in the HTML.

S stands for "secure" without that everyone can *** your credit card info. Don't call a number that starts with a "T". It is out of this country, be careful, could be a scammer phone number and fake Amazon customer service email address. I am an online digital scammer detective.

My job is to seek out scams and spam. Amazon screwed me once. I ordered a dandruff shampoo. It comes in and I thought Amazon was a pretty good place to do business with.

3 days later I received an email saying "Your order is on its way! From Amazon. I didn't pay for the second bottle I didn't order. A week goes by and I get an email saying I didn't pay for the second order and if I didn't pay I would be charged a $94.00 late fee!

I had no choice but to pay the bill. I then locked my credit card and asked for a new card with a different number. Without my asking I received a $600.00 Amazon credit card! I was livid!

I didn't want a $600 Amazon card but I couldn't cancel it. I put it away and I will never use it. They also tried to trick me into getting prime. A little box under a bigger box real tiny print said "prime" I seen it and backed out as I knew prime accounts have a yearly fee around $100.00.

They almost got me. I no longer shop for anything from Amazon because I've heard horror stories of people getting double billed.

One from Amazon CC I didn't want and my new CC which they can't use. Be careful!

They pulled that *** on me this past May. I caught it during the order process.

They thought they were going to start charging my card 12 something per month.

The greedy bastards are blinded by their greed. I deleted all my card info and will look for other places to buy.

Be extremely careful regarding amazon prime! Know that when they say "FREE SHIPPING it is not free at all.

In the small type you are accepting their terms a that could add up to hundreds of dollars per year! It's very possible that thousands or millions of people are being charged this and not realizing it.This is very deceptive because it is buried in the small type. Check your card statements carefully for this recurring fee you might not think you signed up for. Contact amazon and immediately cancel your subscription.

Amazon needs to eliminate the word FREE from shipping if in fact there is a charge for it. Be careful on their site - not clear or transparent, and is deceptive regarding the costs.

Weird! It did happen to me also, but in a weird manner.

I went on line to check what Amazon Prime had to offer in comparaison to Netflop. I didn't event subscribed to anything. I didn't even give one bit of information to anyone. But since I have an account with Amazon, I was charged an automatic one-month subscription on my credit card…!!!

Right, try to find a phone number or email address for this monster company… So I called my bank, and without any hesitation, they immediately refunded me and canceled my credit card because it was a well known fraud to them.

I received a replacement card within a few days. Big companies are bastards.

Just got off phone with Amazon. On August 15, 2018 I was charged $126.00 for a Prime Membership I NEVER ordered.

I asked for refund and cancelled the membership. I suspect Amazon is charging non Prime members at will to goose their Prime Membership base. I didn't even order anything on July 16th 2018 (their Prime Day annual membership drive). I suspect foul play.

When I spoke to customer service they said "Sorry".....and maybe in 3 to 5 days I'll get my money back in my account. Btw, this also happened to a friend of mine too.

It seems too coincidental. I am deleting my online account and will use pre paid gift cards in the future.