Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
1.7

Update by user Apr 05, 2022

Somehow I must have stirred up enough of a fuss for Amazon to straighten out the mess. If anyone criticizes me for speaking out so forcefully, speaking forcefully gets results!

Original review posted by user Mar 06, 2022

Recently, someone unknown to me placed an order in my name with Amazon and scheduled it for repeating itself every two months. This person charged the order to a debit card that had been deactivated because of similar unauthorized transactions, so Amazon turned to me to ask for an alternative payment.

I went through fire and water to reach Customer Service at Amazon and said that I did not place the order. I also added that the product ordered is EBT eligible and that when I have ordered it in the past, I always charged it to my EBT card, never to a debit card. I was told to click on a link sent to my email to fill out an online form. However, as my laptop is being repaired, I used my smartphone only.

The link sent to me was not a live link but instead only a row of characters that was not linked to anything. I told the agent that the so-called link was not active, so she sent me the same dead row of characters and I again said that there was no live link that I could use.

At this point, the agent told me that my account would be suspended until managers in Customer Service could call me to get more information. Today, I received a notice that the order that caused all the commotion was to be delivered! I tried through many methods to reach Customer Service to tell them what was happening.

However, I could not find any way to make contact with Customer Service. The number that I found on Google gave me a recording telling me either to go to Amazon.com or to use the Amazon app to contact Customer Service. The site showed no means of making contact. The app also showed no means of making contact.

In short, even though that I saw a delivery of an order that I had reported that I never placed, there was no way that I could reach Customer Service. I was left to talk to myself only.

Clearly, Amazon intentionally makes access unavailable to customers who are not spending loads of monry when they place large orders from them. Meanwhile, my account remains suspended and I have no idea how things stand.

I have no idea if Amazon will allow me to place orders in the future because some scammer attempted to process a fraudulent order in my name and hoped to charge it to my bank account!

Customer Service needs to be open to reports of fraud because such situations have been numerous during the pandemic. Shutting customers out does not reflect well on any business that does it.

User's recommendation: Think twice before dealing with a company that makes itself unavailable when something goes wrong.

Location: Washington, District Of Columbia

Comments

I'd like a credit for any remaining months not used

When you hire and train personnel